Indian Food

hmg1993

I'd definitely call ahead & ask to speak to the Chef - historically Indian Restaurant's have been pretty much the easiest to get a compliant meal in becasue they tend use a lot of ghee/coconut milk for cooking. Do still ask about the oils though as not every restaurant is the same!

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I know this is a late reply, however this is additional info about Indian food that other people may have questions on. 

I too love Indian food, but most of the food consists of some sort of dairy in addition to coconut milk. For example, Tandoori Chicken is actually marinated in yogurt before being placed in the oven. Although flavorful, it does come out with more of a "dry" outer appearance, tricking you to believe that it is just baked with seasoning. 

So, I would recommend, as previously suggested, to call ahead to potential restaurants. As for me, I stick with making it home with seasoning mixes you can find at health food stores. Some brands are organic as well, and by cooking it at home, you can substitute the need for yogurt or cream with something like coconut cream or a Nutpod. 

Archived