Start Reintroduction after Day28 or chance being sick on a trip Day31?

HK2015

My husband and I are in the middle of our first Whole30 and are very committed, even if we're not always enthusiastic about it (eggs, ugh!).  We planned to do the Whole30 now because it was the only time we could do it between trips and holidays and crazy schedules.  Right now, we are supposed to finish (Day30) a day before we leave for a trip where we'll be with a group and food options may be limited.  Should we consider starting reintroduction after Day 28 so we're not feeling crummy on our trip?  We don't want to be worthless and sick to inconvenience the group or mess up the trip for ourselves.  I'm thankful for what we've learned so far about food and cravings, but also kind of annoyed that we won't be able to get the full benefit of the program by cutting our reintroduction short.  Thoughts or advice?

• Moderators

You should complete 30 days so you can say you really did a Whole30. Then test what you are most worried about in the days you have before your trip. Two days more time doing reintroductions is not going to make a big difference.

Archived