nuts

merih

I don't think of them like. But I don't have a nut allergy and they're not a food that I have to pump the brakes for. I can roll the dice or nuts and throw them across the table on top of a dish, not eating handfuls.  Macadamia Nut oil is one of my favorites for cooking.  Why not use nut oils for cooking along with your olive oil.  Not too many people are going to guzzle bottles of any kind of oil. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, merih said:

What is your experience with nuts and almond butter as far as slowing weight loss. I know the concerns about eating too many/much. But i use them as a fat sometimes and i'm wondering if i'm better off with just olive oil??

Nuts and their products are recommended to have only occassionally (think; one closed handful every other day, max). They are not the best source of fat due to their high Omega 6. They can also be quite disruptive to the gut, cause bloating and really, be hard to stop eating once we start for many people.

Recommended fats are mayo (homemade), olive oil, ghee, tallow, lard, fattier cuts of meat, fatty fishes, olives, coconut products (use moderately, they can cause stomach trouble also) and avocado/guac.

Archived