Which alcohol to try with re-intro

AceOfSwords

I don't consume much alcohol but I do want to add it back though the re-introduction phase to see what the effect is on me. My issue is, of the 3 alcohols I am likely to continue drinking (on a very infrequent basis), 2 seem like they would overlap with added sugar and the third might overlap with sulfites.

So out of the options of ice wine (not added sugar but very sweet wine and sulfites maybe), Disarrono amaretto (sugar maybe) and brandy (sulfites maybe) which should I use to test my reaction to alcohol?

Or do I try reintroducing a limited amount of sugar or sulfites in a different form first so I can tell the difference between my body's reaction to these items?

I'm only on day 9, so I have a ways to go, but I'm curious now.

Sugar is unlikely to invoke a physical reaction, nor does it require an official reintroduction of it's own although many choose to carry one out.

The sulphites on the other hand....

I'd be inclined to test alcohol with the amaretto (having already tried sugar in some way shape or form), and do a separate (non alcohol) test for sulphites (although personally I wouldn't reintroduce them), and then move on to sulphite containing alcohol for absolute clarity.

On 9/7/2016 at 7:30 AM, jmcbn said:

Sugar is unlikely to invoke a physical reaction, nor does it require an official reintroduction of it's own although many choose to carry one out.

The sulphites on the other hand....

I'd be inclined to test alcohol with the amaretto (having already tried sugar in some way shape or form), and do a separate (non alcohol) test for sulphites (although personally I wouldn't reintroduce them), and then move on to sulphite containing alcohol for absolute clarity.

Question:  From what I have read the naturally occurring sulfites are fine so if they are not listed as an ingredient, but say contains sulfites you do not have to be concerned.  All wines and many vinegars, etc. contain natural sulfites which occur as part of the fermenting process.  I had a wine on Wednesday that contained sulfites, but did not have any added sulfites.  I had no response to the wine or the naturally occurring sulfites.  

On 9/11/2016 at 5:15 AM, GlennR said:

Just a reminder: as with any reintroduction, be sure to have the thing you are reintroducing at every meal. (Sample reintro for alcohol: mimosa with breakfast, beer with lunch, wine with dinner.)

Nope!  I cannot do that.  Why does it have to be every meal?  I thought I saw other examples where you could only have it once.  

;)

Archived