Day 11 and not losing weight?

Hi everyone,

I have to admit part of the reason I'm doing the Whole 30 is in the hopes of losing some weight as well as getting healthy.  Judging from how my clothes are fitting, I don't think I'm losing any weight.  I am about 30 lbs overweight, so it is important for me to lose. Any ideas on how to speed up the weight loss?

Here's what I had to eat yesterday:

Meal 1--10 minute chili, carrots

snack--almonds

Meal 2-can of sardines in spring water, a few shrimp, half avocado, carrots, teaspoon of coconut oil

Meal 3-chili, lots of shrimp, greens, half avocado. teaspoon of coconut oil.

Otherwise, everything is going well. My energy level was good pretty much all day yesterday. I didn't crash like I usually do at work midday. Aches and pains continue to fade. My restless leg syndrome, for the most part, is gone.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Ok, first off this is not a weight-loss program no matter how many people come here primarily to lose weight. This is about giving your gut a reset, fuelling your body with wholesome nutritious foods, breaking old bad habits & developing new, healthier ones - and if weightloss is a side effect of that then that's a bonus.

Secondly this is not an 11 day program, and many people don;t feel the magic until the latter stages of the program, which is why so many decide to continue.

Thirdly, yesterday you reported stable energy throughout the day so it sounds to me like you're on the right track. If you check out the timeline you'll see that some bloating is normal before the middle of the program - it could be that you've reached this stage. 

In terms of your food I don't think you're eating enough. The fact that you need a snack kind of cements this, and those nuts you're snacking on are not doing you any favours.

How much chilli are you eating in relation to the palm of your hand? Did you add an additional fat to this meal? How many cups of veg? There'd need to be a bucket-load of greens for there to have been enough veg at that meal considering how much greens reduce down when chewed...

Trying to fastrack weight-loss will get you nowhere. Fast.

Slow and steady wins the race every. single. time.

• Moderators

Not eating enough slows your metabolism and stops weight loss. The reason we give you guidance about how much to eat is that you need a well-nourished body to gain the cooperation of your metabolism so that you can shed excess fat. Every person who tries to fast track weight loss is actually slow-tracking success. You can make pounds drop in a week, but you can't make pounds stay off unless you treat your body kindly. 

Hello!  I wanted to thank both of you for your insight, especially jmbcn.  You have been so very helpful on this journey!

I think I did a lot better yesterday--eating wise.  I did check out the timeline, as you suggested, and think I am experiencing some bloating.

Today is Day 12! Yay!

Archived