Gout flare

Babsie95

Well day 26 and still going. I think I finally got most of the medicine that was throwing off my digestion straightened out. No help from my doctor but my pharmacist had some great suggestion about how to time things that seems to be helping. Its hard to think about reintros when I am still having bad diarrhea from the gout (and other) medicine. I'm not really asking anything I guess but could use some support as I feel like I am losing steam and really need to stay motivated for the long haul. If I don't get through good introductions then this will have felt like a waste. 

• Moderators

Hi, @Babsie95, sorry you're still having some issues. First, I want to say that 30 or more days of eating super healthy foods and avoiding unhealthy ones is not a waste. I get that reintroduction are important to you, but these 30 days just on there on are a good thing.

As for reintroductions, it may not be what you want to hear, but if you want to get the most out of them, it may be worth continuing on a whole30 for a while longer to see if you can't get those last lingering issues sorted out before you reintroduce anything. That way if you do have any digestive issues during the reintroductions, you'll know it's from whichever food you've added back and not just the symptoms you were already experiencing.

Whatever you choose to do, I do hope that you get everything sorted out and start feeling better. 

Archived