Starting November First!!

Raven

Yesterday I ate two granola cookies. I won't repeat that indulgence. NOT worth it!  Why am I not surprised?! Mild headache and stuffy nose (allergy type, not cold type).

Still eating too many nuts. I need to forego nuts completely, I think, when I do the Whole 30 in January, if only to train myself to look farther for healthy snacks.

i have not gone totally off the program, but I definitely plan to eat clean between Christmas and New Year. I am hoping that will lessen my body's reaction during the first week of our Whole 30 Repeat in January.

Does anyone else have a strategy for these next two weeks?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jmb369 said:

Yesterday I ate two granola cookies. I won't repeat that indulgence. NOT worth it!  Why am I not surprised?! Mild headache and stuffy nose (allergy type, not cold type).

Still eating too many nuts. I need to forego nuts completely, I think, when I do the Whole 30 in January, if only to train myself to look farther for healthy snacks.

i have not gone totally off the program, but I definitely plan to eat clean between Christmas and New Year. I am hoping that will lessen my body's reaction during the first week of our Whole 30 Repeat in January.

Does anyone else have a strategy for these next two weeks?

I need to find better snacks too because right now it's plantain chips or a Lara bar. Banana is always a good choice too or jicama.

i started to enjoy wine again and that lead to me eating everything in site so my strategy for the holiday is to be 100% back on. We don't have family here so all the gatherings are over. I'm ready to get back on track and feeling good. I didn't reintroduce in an organized manner so I don't know what's causing me to wake up stuffed up again but I didn't miss it. What I do miss is my energy and good mood.

Count me in for Jan 2! 

I confess, I've been participating with another group as well so I wouldn't fall too far from the plan.  It's been helpful.  They were about a week or two behind us.  I've been probably 85% whole30.  Today I really strayed from the plan with 3 cookies and hot cocoa!  Can I say I'm feeling it?!  I'm ready to crawl up into a ball and go to sleep.  Granted I haven't been sleeping well the past couple of nights with early mornings (a different sleep pattern for me). 

To survive the next few weeks, I'm going to keep eating clean one meal at a time and remember how I'm feeling in this moment and deciding is it really worth it?!

A quick hello to one and all. It sounds as if each of us is at least mindful of what we are eating and how we are reacting. That sounds really hopeful in terms of long term success.

I've decided I need to do more batch cooking as part of my meal planning. Twice this past week, when I was "too tired to make dinner," I managed to put a compliant meal together because of extra meals I'd previously put in the freezer. Today I got lazy. I ended up with chicken broth and chicken salad for lunch -- not enough vegetables. So at 4:30 I was grazing on nuts and a piece of chocolate. Not good!

And when I feel tired and bloated, I slack off on my exercise, and when I slack off on exercise, I don't sleep as well, and when I don't sleep well, I eat for energy. 

I forget who said it's almost easier to do the fully restricted Whole 30. That's definitely true for me, but I really want to progress to the stage where I can have an occasional treat, and it doesn't lead to a total meltdown of my good intentions. My mantra is going to be "practice makes perfect." Or, when you fall down, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again.

Feliz navidad to all of us.

Well, it's the day after, at least for me. I had some successes and some challenges, but some of my experiments and strategies worked.

I think my biggest learning was that if I am compliant most of the time, I can indulge occasionally with minimal ill effects. I guess maybe this is what they call 80/20? Christmas Eve I had two tiny cubes of cheddar cheese and two Ritz crackers with goat cheese and one shot of tequila (high quality and straight) So I had dairy, wheat, and alcohol, but in small quantities. I had no ill effects. Yippee.

Yesterday I pushed it a little! No Christmas bread or cookies, but I had mashed potatoes made with butter and milk, gravy made with gluten-free flour, half of an 80% cacao chocolate bar, and a date/pecan dulce (Mexican sweet). I think I also ate too much turkey! Anyway, we ate at 4:00, and I didn't eat again until this morning. Today's menu is 100% Whole 30 compliant, with lots of vegetables, and I've planned a walk and a strength DVD, plus I will drink lots of water.

How did everyone else do?

Watch for the new forum for those of us doing a Whole 30 starting January 2. I will start it later today or Wednesday. I am out most of the day tomorrow (Tuesday)

On 12/26/2016 at 7:55 AM, Jmb369 said:

Well, it's the day after, at least for me. I had some successes and some challenges, but some of my experiments and strategies worked.

I think my biggest learning was that if I am compliant most of the time, I can indulge occasionally with minimal ill effects. I guess maybe this is what they call 80/20? Christmas Eve I had two tiny cubes of cheddar cheese and two Ritz crackers with goat cheese and one shot of tequila (high quality and straight) So I had dairy, wheat, and alcohol, but in small quantities. I had no ill effects. Yippee.

Yesterday I pushed it a little! No Christmas bread or cookies, but I had mashed potatoes made with butter and milk, gravy made with gluten-free flour, half of an 80% cacao chocolate bar, and a date/pecan dulce (Mexican sweet). I think I also ate too much turkey! Anyway, we ate at 4:00, and I didn't eat again until this morning. Today's menu is 100% Whole 30 compliant, with lots of vegetables, and I've planned a walk and a strength DVD, plus I will drink lots of water.

How did everyone else do?

Watch for the new forum for those of us doing a Whole 30 starting January 2. I will start it later today or Wednesday. I am out most of the day tomorrow (Tuesday)

I don't know if it was the relief of the Xmas stress being over but I enjoyed wine and Oreo cookies way to much Sunday. I was lazy and no energy yesterday but today am more focused. 

Looking forward to 1/2.

I posted on the new forum for those of us who are going to repeat the Whole 30, starting Monday, January 2. This weekend is transition time for me. I am planning menus, clearing the pantry, and drinking lots of water to help detox in advance. And did I say eating fresh greens from the garden, every day?

Happy New year, everyone!

Archived