Starting November First!!

Raven

@liv.88  I felt pretty tired  last night so I just crawled into bed earlier. I'm feeling a little better this morning but probably gonna try for another earlier night. 

Put on a pair of jeans and t-shirt this  morning and didn't have to wrestle with them! I was worried that they weren't gonna work out. NSV! 

Been busy prepping for turkey dinner and winging it for lunch meals. I don't think I've ever had this much tuna in one week! :) 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22 November 2016 at 6:13 PM, IronGirlTrixie said:

On 22 November 2016 at 4:00 PM, britgirl said:

Help guys please - I'm away fri to Sunday on a difficult work course ( in a motel but no fridge. I checked. Really no fridge).  Will take a salad for Friday and motel is next to a carvery which seemed my best bet but any ideas guys? Have bought tinned tuna and olives and evil emergency Naked bars and will take a bag of carrots. Any other bright ideas?  I'm so not blowing it now .....but think will have to focus on staying complient even if I can't do the template perfectly. 3 days! Help! 

You guys are awesome! Thanks for support and encouragement.

Thanks @IronGirlTrixie. Not entered my head to take a crockpot but that's rather brilliant! Cd prob do eggs and bacon and peppers overnight. Yep will take dressing and hopefully get salad in the hospital canteen. Sadly no ice machines in the uk but have a cool bag for veg. 

@Jmb369 Almond butter is a good thought- made some in week one and not sure I dare take a whole jar as it is habit forming but a bit wd be great with veg. And thanks for the heads up on the return. Hadn't thought that far ahead but yep good plan. 

@liv.88 We just got a new commission (as they liked our non finger licked cupcakes ) for 150 biscuits. Arggghhhhh! 

Will look up and post the PDF when not so late- it's on the website. I'm starting to read up reintro and there's lots of helpful stuff I'd forgotten about. 

And bloated? Yes!! Was feeling really skinny and jeans were falling off but not now. What's that all about then??

Happy thanksgiving for tomorrow  all you in the USA. Don't blow it now anyone or you'll feel so upset with yourself. Ends in sight so let's stay strong and get there together. 

Celebrating Thanksgiving here in Mexico, where it's just a "normal" day. This year we have no guests, so we will just have the basics: turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, butternut squash soup, green beans. All compliant. DH will have cranberry sauce and dessert, and he gets to eat ALL THE STUFFING,  It's chilly, but sunny, so I plan to get out for a short walk.

i have had this bad cold dragging on. This is Day 11 of sickness, and I am just beginning to feel better. I don't blame Whoke 30. I think it's probably  just the time of the year. I have had very little appetite the past 3-4 days, and little energy for food prep. 

I can't separate Whole 30 side effects from cold symptoms very well, but I don't have any bloating or other intestinal disturbances to report. It could be that I've been doing this in a Food Freedom Forever way for 5 months. This is really a major reset for me, and different from the first time through.

Anyway, if you are an American celebrating Thanksgiving, enjoy the day and be good to yourself. Keep it simple and keep your goals in mind. And if you live in another part of the world, enjoy the day. It's #23 if you started ?Nivember 1! We are 3/4 of the way there. Just one last week to go.

Happy Turkey day to those in the states.  Sorry to hear you are still stick JMB.  I sure hope it's not related to W30.    So, I had a house full of people today for Thanksgiving.  It went really well and was very fun.  I was able to eat the compliant turkey and 2 recipes I found on this web site for a beet and pumpkin seed salad with homemade orange/vinegar/olive oil dressing and cranberry sauce (very bitter w/out any sugar but was quite tasty in small quantities) and of course potatoes.  Not drinking wine with dinner was hard but I didi it.  Have to head out of town tomorrow for about 36 hours.  It will be next to impossible to get compliant food at meals so am planning to bring a small stash of compliant food to supplement.    If I can make it through this trip (until Sat eve), then I know I can make it to the end.  My last day is Friday (I'm 2 days behind you guys) and my b-day is Sat so am looking forward to a 'treat' on my birthday as I begin introduction.  Excited to get on scale too as am starting to feel like maybe I have shed a few but TBD.  Most of all I don't have crazy cravings through out the day.   Hang in there everyone . I think it's just the 6 of us left?  

Hope your trip is going okay! @AB_MN

i have learned a lot this time around. One biggie is that Thanksgiving and birthdays are easier for me to handle than being sick! I want comfort food, and I want quick and easy. But my primary motivation for doing Whoke 30 is feeling healthier and more energetic, so that has kept me on track. I've been a little low on quantities because of low appetite, and probably not eaten my usual portions of vegetables, but overall, I am pleased with myself.

My birthday is Tuesday, but we will probably go out for dinner Thursday, which is my first day of reintroduction. 

Today I have my Yoga Teacher Training class from 12 to 5. I am making some egg salad (homemade mayo, celery, olives) for my snack break. Dinner will be leftover turkey and potatoes, with a freshly cooked green vegetable, so my day is planned.

Are there really only six of us left?!

only 6???

27th day almost over guys!! Are you planning on what you'll introduce first?? I think i'll do dairy, but I'll just have some cheese on my burgers at lunch, i think, since i don't really miss anything else on that group.

Today i'm just feeling blah and wishing it was over already - i have a mirror right in front of my bedroom door and it's hard not to analyze my figure everytime i'm changing clothes sooo i'm kinda bummed i'm not looking like i thought i would at this point. i know we're not supposed to, and i'm trying to not think about it too much.

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Jmb369 said:

Are there really only six of us left?!

There can't possibly be only 6. It's been a busy weekend so I haven't checked the forum much. Should we do a role call?

Thanksgiving was great for me.  Since everything was compliant... I had a bit of all the things! Some recipes came out better than others. It wag like prep cooking for 2 weeks instead of 1!

Yesterday, I danced a lot of it off I think. Absolutely a blast. Now to make some meals for the week and possibly lawn chores. 

Get out, get moving, keep it up! 

I can't believe 30 days has gone so fast. My husband made sure our thanksgiving dinner was all compliant. It was delicious and we are still eating left overs. I feel great and have increased my gym time. 

As for after November 30 I'm actually thinking I want to keep going. 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I made it through my long holiday weekend without any slip-ups! I resisted Thanksgiving sweets and red wine, even though I really wanted them a few times. In those moments, I told my mom and she helped keep me accountable, I drank water, and munched on a handful of almonds (only to realize I wasn't actually hungry, just experiencing a passing craving). 

Every time I look in the mirror I'm like, "Is that really me?" I realized that at my heaviest, I had avoided photos and looking in the mirror because I wasn't happy with what I was seeing. I am trying to practice self-love and body positivity. But I have to say that seeing a less-heavy version of myself in my reflection has been really encouraging. Clothes are fitting more comfortable and other people are starting to notice the physical changes in me as well. And my skin! It has been so clear and glowy! It's wonderful.

As for reintro, I think I'm going to stick with total Whole30 eating until I have my sleep study and get my OSA treated. I want to experience that full tiger blood effect. That will be in the next three to four weeks, hopefully. I do plan on having a sweet or two on Christmas.

@liv.88 try taking a photo of yourself and comparing it to an older photo. Sometimes looking at them side-by-side will help you see the way your body has changed on the outside.

The photo below is a comparison photo of myself from before I started Whole30 and on Day 25 of Whole30. 

IMG_1195.JPG

woo hoo!  we are there people!  I would be lying if I said that the wine goblets didnt look pretty darn good this holiday weekend but I made it through.  Made a slow cooker jambalaya that will absolutely carry me through tomorrow.  thanks to everyone on this thread for sharing their experiences - especially when I thought I had the flu day 10 or 11.  I feel great, clothes are fitting like never before and I am excited about the long term prospects for continued good food selection.      

4 hours ago, liv.88 said:

Soooo last day. I weighed myself. I gained 1 kg. I know i shouldnt measure this experience only by me scale result buy this sure feels crappy. 

I'm holding off until tomorrow to jump on the scale but I don't think it's as much of a loss as I was hoping for but I feel great and my clothes feel great. Don't let the scale ruin the last 30 days.  You should be proud of yourself for being committed for the past 30 days.

@liv.88 I lost only one pound the first time I did Whole 30(July), but felt so much better, I decided it was okay. I was tempted to get on the scale this morning, but I suspect it's about the same this time. I'll wait until Thursday!

Today is my birthday, but my taste buds are barely alive, so we won't celebrate with food for a few more days! Oddly enough, it's not cake I crave, but dairy! I will have my spinach omelet with some feta, maybe yogurt (organic if course!) wth fresh berries! But not until Thursday or Friday!

@IronGirlTrixie I hope you feel better. Staying compliant when sick was hard, but worth it. I think I drank a gallon of homemade chicken bone broth! And mashed sweet potatoes were my go-to vegetable,

i am looking forward to putting FFF into practice. I think that in August I reintroduced too many foods too quickly and confused my body. Thus time I will be more deliberate about introducing non compliant foods, and I will distinguish between fresh cheese and aged cheese, lentils and black beans, wine and beer, etc. I suspect I'll be reintroducing foods well into 2017!

Does anyone plan to stay with this group after December 1, or will you migrate to another forum?

hey @Jmb369 yeah, i feel better overall! i wish i i had my measurements taken so I Could compare this too, but i'll just have to look at the pictures. I'm taking those tomorrow I think. Or maybe not at all.

I do plan on staying with this group, even though i'm pretty sure i'll migrate to paleo after re-intro. 

40 minutes ago, Jmb369 said:

@liv.88 I lost only one pound the first time I did Whole 30(July), but felt so much better, I decided it was okay. I was tempted to get on the scale this morning, but I suspect it's about the same this time. I'll wait until Thursday!

Today is my birthday, but my taste buds are barely alive, so we won't celebrate with food for a few more days! Oddly enough, it's not cake I crave, but dairy! I will have my spinach omelet with some feta, maybe yogurt (organic if course!) wth fresh berries! But not until Thursday or Friday!

@IronGirlTrixie I hope you feel better. Staying compliant when sick was hard, but worth it. I think I drank a gallon of homemade chicken bone broth! And mashed sweet potatoes were my go-to vegetable,

i am looking forward to putting FFF into practice. I think that in August I reintroduced too many foods too quickly and confused my body. Thus time I will be more deliberate about introducing non compliant foods, and I will distinguish between fresh cheese and aged cheese, lentils and black beans, wine and beer, etc. I suspect I'll be reintroducing foods well into 2017!

Does anyone plan to stay with this group after December 1, or will you migrate to another forum?

Happy birthday!!!

I am going to give my body and myself another couple of weeks before I start introducing foods. I feel like I will go back to my old ways if I quit now so to solidify my body and brain on this great feeling I guess I'll be doing a whole50 ha ha

In case anyone still has leftover turkey, Turkey Club Salad is a favorite of ours. I made this recioe up several years ago, and DH prefers it to the standard turkey club sandwich!

Turkey Club Salad (recipe is per single serving )

Fry 2-3 slices healthy bacon per serving and drain. Set aside.

1 head baby romaine chopped (about 2-3 cups) or equivalent salad greens

3-4 oz. leftover turkey, preferably mixed light and dark, cut into chunks

1 small to medium tomato, diced, or 10-15 cherry tomatoes, halved

Toss these ingredients with 2-3 Tbl. Homemade mayonnaise

Break bacon slices into pieces and place on top or toss salad again.

Enjoy! 

Archived