Starting November First!!

Raven

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jmb369Happy birthday!! 

I have a terrible confession guys..........

Made it through the weekend fine with breakfast tuna patties, tins of tuna and olives, raw carrots and avacado and fruit provided by the course. Thanks for your help all! The course was intense and difficult so when it finished and before we drove home, lovely daughter took me out to a Frankie and Bennies where I planned to have olives or something and black tea but I chose, willingly, in spite of my daughters advice not to, to have a latte and a tiny sliver of lemon tart. Why? Because I felt I 'deserved it' . Did I enjoy it? Not as much as I would have enjoyed staying compliant. 

Decided not to beat myself up as there's no point. But will learn the folly of the narrative I used to get myself there. And good to see and be aware of how much I use food as a reward and a comfort. 

So back on plan now wiser and a little bit sad I let myself down and feel like I let you lot down too. Hope you're sticking with it to the end and gearing up for reintro. It's really worth doing. 

@britgirl  girl I did so much worse in my last W30. My last one ended similarly to yours where I made it to d28 or 29. We were at Epcot and it was the food and wine festival. I pretty much ate my way around the world. 

You had a sliver and learned something. Nothing wrong with that. I'm still going long after the 30th if you want to keep chatting. 

@IronGirlTrixie Thanks lovely lady. Yep in the grand scheme of things I've done jolly well so have put behind me and carrying on. Yep support over Xmas will be great not to fall face first into a plate of stollen! 

Cant wait to weigh and measure me. Didn't loose much last time but changed shape and this time I feel like I've shrunk quite a bit. Had to put a belt on my new skinny jeans this am! Quite bored with eggs now tho so looking forward to branching out a bit for breakfast. Have badly missed milky coffee so will add that back first and see how that goes. Wheat? Very happy without. And LOVE the sleeping sugar dragon. 

How goes it with you? Do Americans just celebrate from Thanksgiving toChristmas?? Were just heading into party season here but I'm planning not to eat any festive food till Xmas eve as a way of celebrating advent ( were Christians so it's a big one for us). Friends of mine do it - they say the waiting is all part of the fun! But I've usually fallen at the first mince pie. But feel like this year I could do it. 

Reintro here we come!

glad you told us, Britgirl.   I am very close to throwing in the towel. i'm going to think about how you said it's not worth it.   i am REALLY stressed out from work right now and am missing the usual comfort foods.  but i am going to stick with it.  i have three days left - today, Thurs & Friday.  one day at a time is all i can manage.  

guessing this is last day for all of you so congrats!  good luck for re-intro.  if you start a new thread in the re-intro section, let me know and i'll try to join you.  

Happy day 30 to us!! I honestly cannot believe I did it!

I have never stuck to a program like this for so long, Ive notice my tiger blood is really active at about 8pm in the evening and have used this to my advantage with my workouts has anyone decided what they are going to reintroduce first? im way undecided at this point but think I will have an adult beverage tomorrow night to celebrate

I cant wait to step on the scale and update you all with my progress I already know im down a ton of inches and jean sizes so even if the scale doesn't agree I have so many NSV's

7 hours ago, britgirl said:

@IronGirlTrixie Thanks lovely lady. Yep in the grand scheme of things I've done jolly well so have put behind me and carrying on. Yep support over Xmas will be great not to fall face first into a plate of stollen! 

How goes it with you? Do Americans just celebrate from Thanksgiving toChristmas?? Were just heading into party season here but I'm planning not to eat any festive food till Xmas eve as a way of celebrating advent ( were Christians so it's a big one for us). Friends of mine do it - they say the waiting is all part of the fun! But I've usually fallen at the first mince pie. But feel like this year I could do it. 

Reintro here we come!

Gah! Stollen! Best with marzipan! 

Depends on the person but yes,  the entire month can be filled with parties and events. I try to space them out. Do a little good in between. 

Day 30!!! We're here! I'm so amazed with myself for sticking with this. In the first few days, I really wanted to quit. I thought that it would be hard the entire time and that I was somehow depriving myself or trying to do too much. But I have been astounded with both myself and the program. I am a big skeptic of diets and eating plans, including this one. I'm so grateful I found it on Instagram and gave it a try. Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow and taking my "after" picture. 

I also plan to stick around on this forum and others. Especially after I get my OSA treated and start having more energy. 

I'm so ready for this to be "over" tomorrow, although I have no plans to go berserk! My clothes are fitting about the same, so I'm not expecting a big loss tomorrow when I hop on the scale! I think being sick definitely zapped my energy, but I am proud of sticking to this in spite of feeling lousy.

My first reintro will definitely be dairy, most likely some feta cheese and some organic yogurt. After that I plan to return to Whole 30 eating for 5-7 days. My second experiment will be either lentils or a glass of wine. I will also make some almond meal pancakes or waffles -- compliant ingredients, but non-compliant food! I don't miss most sweets and baked goods as much as I thought i would, but a "special" Sunday breakfast is a family tradition that we have missed.

I think hanging together until New Year's is a great idea if we can do it. My social calendar is not super busy, but there are definitely more activities and get-togethers in December. One way for me to stay compliant is to refrain from baking ANYthing.

We can do this; each one of us can do this.

On 11/7/2016 at 7:19 AM, ladyshanny said:

I have definitely found this to be true. I used to go through a bottle of wine every other day, all week long, more on the weekends. When I cleaned up and my head cleared, I realized I didn't really want it. It was a habit, it made me feel kind of crappy and I had better choices (tea, kombucha, water, la croix). I don't have any scientific reasons but my experience is yes, this totally happens!

And don't be surprised if, when you do go to have that glass of wine at the end of your 30, that it isn't quite as good as you remembered. ;)

Thank you for sharing that @ladyshanny. One of the many reasons that I started my Whole 30 was the wine habit. It's just too easy to fall into having wine with dinner, after dinner then another glass every night. I'm still in my first week and have done ok without the wine so far.

13 hours ago, britgirl said:

Cant wait to weigh and measure me. Didn't loose much last time but changed shape and this time I feel like I've shrunk quite a bit. Had to put a belt on my new skinny jeans this am! Quite bored with eggs now tho so looking forward to branching out a bit for breakfast. Have badly missed milky coffee so will add that back first and see how that goes. Wheat? Very happy without. And LOVE the sleeping sugar dragon. 

Reintro here we come!

Hello from one Brit to another. I moved from Yorkshire to California almost 30 years ago. It seems to me that the 'Holiday Season' begins at Halloween - the great candy fest and continues through New Year's. We're a very diverse population so as well as Christmas, there is Thanksgiving, Kwanzaa, Hannukah and other holidays. Food and drink are a huge (and I mean literally) huge part of American celebrations.

But we don't have mince pies :-( (nor do we have Christmas cake or puddings, brandy snap or pork pies).

Jill

2 hours ago, Silver Penguin said:

Thank you for sharing that @ladyshanny. One of the many reasons that I started my Whole 30 was the wine habit. It's just too easy to fall into having wine with dinner, after dinner then another glass every night. I'm still in my first week and have done ok without the wine so far.

Thank you for sharing your stories.I was in the same boat. One glass while making dinner turned into three before I knew it and it was a habit every night. I feel so much happier to have broken that habit. One of the reasons I am going to continue for another 30 is because I feel like my wine dragon will win if I celebrate with a glass of wine, especially because it's so much more acceptable during the holidays.

Weighed in this morning and I have a grand total of 6 lbs lost. At first I was like "aw only 6" but then I remembered reading that with Whole30, because we are giving our body the best nourishment, when we lose weight it isn't water and muscle, it's fat. So I thought about how much 6 lbs of fat is and realized how much that actually is. As far as non-scale benefits:

• my skin is clearer
  • I no longer feel controlled by fluctuating blood sugar and hanger
  • I have had overall less severe anxiety and depression
  • I feel more confident
  • I have a sense of accomplishment
  • my clothes are fitting loser and more comfortably
  • I no longer see food as a reward
  • I know I can say "no" to sweets and junk and not feel like I'm missing out
  • I no longer feel anxious about being social, going out, etc without food plans bc I'm no longer anxious about having a blood sugar crash
  • lots of others that I probably haven't even realized yet!

My weigh-in this morning also made me aware of how much I still rely on a number like weight to determine my feelings towards myself and my appearance. I probably won't weigh again for another 30 days because I want to be freed from feeling dependent on a number.

I plan to take some time to really think and write down how I feel about the past 30 days and also post some photos. I will be putting it on my blog and will post a link when I'm ready to share it. Hope everyone else is happy with their results! 

20 hours ago, Mallorca said:

Guys! Day 30!! It's past midnight over here, so I officially completed the whole30. I'm so proud! I'll keep going and reintroducing slowly.

Congratulations to you and to all of the Class of October 31/November 1st 2016.  I am thrilled to have experienced the program.  I honestly have a different approach to food that I hope I can maintain.  I had a direct scale benefit of 15lbs and significant non-scale victories as well.  Best wishes to you all.

I already posted my results on the private fb group but I will post them here as well

NSV's

*I love veggies so much more

*I didn't miss the scale at all

*I don't see myself going back to the junk I was eating before

*I now enjoy cooking food that's healthy for me

* I'm down 1 size in both jeans and tops :)

*I smile more and am generally a happier person

*down 17.3 pounds this month on 1st round of whole 30 (I also workout 3 times a week)

*down a total of 28 pounds since july

*down 22 inches total  since September

Im starting today with reintro

decided to start with dairy had sour cream and cheese on my salad at lunch and already feeling the pain in my gut, its like a balloon slowly filling with gas now I know~!

so surprised

So my summary number is about 6% loss in body weight. 

But who cares?! I didn't miss the scale really. Or some of that junk I was eating. 

My skin is clearer. 

My clothes fit better. 

I had some regular ranch dressing today. I don't think I missed that either plus  my tongue is all tingling. 

I'm gonna have some ice cream tonight. Like a bite of these flavors I've been holding onto since the Gilmore Girls revival... I hosted a viewing party with GG ice cream. Yes, it does exist. 

But I'm back on plan tomorrow cause I just feel better that way. 

Good job everyone! 

So it's Day One after completing another Whole 30.

Weight -- no change (no change in measurements either!) I think to lose, I'll need to reduce the maount of fat I am eating AND increase my level of activity.

Overall feeling of well being is much higher, as is my energy level.

Sleep is longer and higher quality.

Mind is clearer, and I seem to have improved my ability to follow through on intentions.

I had thought I'd start with reintroducing dairy first, but I ended up having an extra day of Whole 30! Ha-ha! What capped it off was finding myself in a mall after a myriad of errands that took longer than I'd thought. I'd eaten my macadamia nuts and still had an hour to wait for the repair of a computer monitor. I was tired and hungry. I went to a locally owned burger place, known for its great burgers. I passed on the cheese, then managed to eat the burger, lettuce and tomato without eating the bun. when I finally got home at 4:00, I ate a handful of cashews. Dinner was a shepherd's pie with sweet potato topping (from one of my paleo cook books) and a spinach salad with strawberries and vinaigrette.

We did a great job, everyone. And we set ourselves up for more successes. I can feel more and more that this has the makings of permanent change.

How is everyone doing a week after finishing? 

I have to admit I have struggled a bit with bingeing on sugar. Now that I am no longer in that 30-day mindset, I find myself wanting to go back to it as a way to self-soothe and fill emotional voids. Of course, my body reacts by getting a headache the next day. And on Sunday, I took a shot of bourbon to celebrate the Westworld finale and it just gave me a yucky anxiety attack. So looks like I'll be staying sober. Also going to try to abstain from sugar completely except for special occasions like birthdays and such. 

Unfortunately, the sleep study I was supposed to have last night was pushed to next Friday because my insurance was still pending. *eye roll* So now I have to wait even longer to treat the OSA, which is still something that affects me daily.

Hope everyone else is having success with re-intro and learning more about their bodies and behaviors!

hey, everyone!

i'm also struggling with bingeing, @NatalieCatalie_ !!! I was doing ok, i reintroduced dairy and my body didn't like that much. Then, 3 days later, i reintroed sugar cause i was at a birthday party , so I ate some dessert and of course that triggered my sugar dragon. And boy was she pissed  after 30 days of being ignored.

I ate the whole world afterwards. Ice cream, cake, more ice cream. So of course i ended up reintroducing not just sugar, but also gluten and mineral oil. I hadn't eaten like that in a while. I had to take something for the nausea.... Monday morning i had the worst hangover ever - and i dont even drink!!!! So i think it was like a hangover hahaha. My head was heavy,  my energy levels were looooow, i wanted to kill someone. It was like that throughout the day, i couldnt eat properly cause the nausea was still there, and nothing I took could seem to cure it. I drank planty of water and had a real meal at night.... and that was it.

i was back on track yesterday, and i'm trying now to go paleo, low carb high fat. and obviously rethinking the role of sugar in my life.

OMG I totally failed at reintro my body didn't like dairy after I reintroduced it so I decided to just treat myself

dumbest thing I could of done bc I haven't stopped treating myself

ive decided tomorrow is the start to a small whole 15 figure I can get a good solid 15 days in before Christmas hits!

I need this plan and my body deserves this plan

heres to round 2 day 1 tomorrow!!!1 I GOT THIS

I had a feeling 30 days wasn't long enough to really conquer my Sugar Dragon. Today I didn't "feel like" eating my paleo lunch so I went out for pizza. Now I'm bloated and feel bad (emotionally) about eating it. I think for me, it's easier to just stay 100% paleo. Little exceptions here and there start me on a slippery slope that heads back to a place a I don't want to be. Tonight I'm going to do another batch of meal prep and hop back on the horse this minute. 

@liv.88 I think we've both learned the hard way that our Sugar Dragons are still lying there ready to strike when we let our guards down.  That's why I'm glad we have this forum, to help keep us accountable and encourage each other. 

@Ktjoh07 I like the idea of a Whole15 before Christmas. I think I will do the same and then on Christmas I will eat 90% compliant so I don't feel like complete garbage the next day. 

Archived