Holidays

bev-o

• Moderators

It's certainly possible to do Whole30 over the holidays, but it's definitely more challenging. Here's a Dear Melissa article that talks about it with some strategies for getting through a big family dinner, and another article with some more tips for holiday celebrations.

Waiting until January can make sense for some people, if you know that you have a lot of family stuff or other celebrations and aren't sure about doing Whole30 during those.

Of course, you don't have to do a full-on Whole30 to reap a lot of the benefits of healthy eating. You could eat Whole30 at home during this time, but not worry about it as much when you're out somewhere and don't have control of how the food is prepared. Or you could cut out one or two things that you think you can reasonably avoid now, so that in January, you have that much less to worry about -- say, give up creamer in your coffee or bread with meals now, or whatever sounds do-able to you. 

If you think you want to wait until January, I do think it's worthwhile to do something to get you moving toward Whole30 eating, especially if it's going to be a big change for you. Try some recipes, look into meal planning, read through the information here on the website, in the forums, or in the books so that you have a plan on January 1.

• Administrators

We had quite a large group last year that did the Whole30 through December and from what I recall they were all quite successful and had a decent time. I can't go searching for the thread right now but I feel like @tinman57 was in it, maybe she can comment? Or I'm out to lunch and she wasn't. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I will be starting Nov. 1st! This will be my 2nd round. My 1st cycle was so successful that I want to challenge myself!  I know that sounds silly but being around food to just eat it "because" is not want I want to do. I will start 2017 better, stronger & healthier. 

On 10/19/2016 at 10:38 AM, ladyshanny said:

We had quite a large group last year that did the Whole30 through December and from what I recall they were all quite successful and had a decent time. I can't go searching for the thread right now but I feel like @tinman57 was in it, maybe she can comment? Or I'm out to lunch and she wasn't. ;)

I don't think I was.....of if I was, them I'm out to lunch.  :D

What was the question?

Archived