goat kefir and butter v.s. Dairy

KathyV

If you have a sens to dairy,would goat have the same effect on your system?  I was reading the label on the full-fat goat kefir and it said it can be tolerated by people who can't do dairy, and there was also goat butter.  any in-sight would be great

Kathy

• Moderators

Maybe? Some people tolerate goats' or sheeps' milk better than cows'.  Some even tolerate certain cheeses okay, but not straight milk or cream, it depends on what it is in the dairy that you're reacting to, and if that's also present in the dairy from other animals. If you're doing a Whole30, when you plan your reintroductions, you could have a day of reintroducing the goat butter, and a day reintroducing the goat kefir -- then you'd know, and you'd even know if you were okay with one and not the other. (If you are actually allergic to dairy, like you'd need epinephrine and a trip to the hospital if you had it, please talk to your doctor before trying any kind of dairy from any animal, just in case -- no one here is a doctor, medical professionals should know more about possible cross-reactions than people here.)

ShanonM816-

Thank-you for your informative reply.  I just feel sometimes bloaty/gassy from milk-but not all the time( I don't know if that is a true allergy or just having some sort of sensitivity to it) .  I will do the a couple of tablespoons of kefir at every meal and then the next day or two follow the whole30 then do the same for the butter.  I  just know when I eliminated the Dairy when I did my very first Whole30 a couple of years ago, I never reintroduced  it  or grains, legumes, sugar or  sweeteners .  I was just interested in trying something different.  

Archived