Cliche' but starting Jan. 1st

NotSoHappyEater

Get your hands off the dried fruit, that's for your cat.  You evil person eating the cats fruit.  It does stink when dinners go different than planned as it just throws it all off.  Here's what you do, go sit in a chair and pick up whiskers, stoke Mr. Whiskers till he purrrrrrrrrs and then realize at least someone is happy today.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha. Thanks!! I needed that. I was able to keep my little paws off the fruit.

I am more and more aware that for a long time I have been using food to try to fix a lot of non food problems. I keep telling myself I am learning new habits so I have to keep practicing. Practicing choosing something other than food when things upset me.

How are things going for you? I got a spiralizer for Christmas and am looking for other things than zucchini  to "noodle".

Hi NotsoHappy!! Congrats on your day one. My cats and I are here to keep you company.

Did you have any chocolate yesterday? That was a challenge for me. I love chocolate candy and it felt like every place I went someone was handing it out- the bank, the stores, etc.

I didn't have any but it was hard to say no. I wonder too if after 60 days the Valentine's candy I was wanting would truly taste that good? I am hoping my tastes will have changed. My Whole 60 is over on March 2 so Valentine's candy should be really marked down then.

Are you thinking of doing a W60 for your cravings? Or other reasons?  I am seeing a decrease in my joint pain.  I am on day 47 and my sugar/junk food cravings are much better too. I have the occasional challenge like Valentines that I told you about.  Before this though, I was craving something sweet about 2 in the afternoon EVERY day. I don't anymore so it has really helped.

Let's just say I quickly fell into bad habits and now remember why I did it.  I have a cruise in mid April so my target date will be April Fools Day.   I actually noticed myself being grumpier And little pains are back.

Also my cats are wanting to go a bit longer so they want me to keep them company on the W30 to and I love me some cats lol.

Don't beat yourself up. I did the same thing with my reintroduction last year. I had focused a lot on what I couldn't have instead of the good parts so on Day 31 I did my Cookie Monster impersonation. You know, with food flying all over the place..."Cookieeee". You had one day and reigned yourself in. That is impressive. I Cookie Monstered for a while. The cats were scared.

This time I am a lot more focused and have counted all the things I can have instead of what I can't. Seems to be working.

Have a great day NotsoHappy!!! And your little cats too!

Morning NotsoHappy. How is your doing?

We are going to a spaghetti dinner at a relative's church. Some type of fundraiser. I feel weird bringing my own dinner but  spaghetti is the only thing they are serving. I thought about eating before we go but then what will I do when everyone is eating?  I know shouldn't stress but I have to go to this and I am not willing to eat off plan to make others happy on my day 49. A salad should be pretty unobtrusive, right? I mean, I will  leave my Minion Lunch Box at home.

Hey Artemis, ahhh don't sweat it.  Spaghetti sucks anyway lol. If someone's offended by you eating your own food we'll, who gives a hoot.

think of it like an airplane (ask airlinefood if he's still monitoring) YOU need to take care of yourself before you can half someone else.  I was going for the time when they give you the de-pressurization speech but not sure it's fitting well lol.  Seriously though why would someone at a charity event care if you eat the food?  Give an extra buck and they don't care.  Also, it's a church so testify to what W30 is doing for you cause maybe someone else could benefit.

NO STRESSING, and have a beautiful weekend.  Here in Indiana it's getting to 70 degrees in Feb. and sunny.  Going to whip out the grill and cook some bum less burgers I think.

i think one of my cats is going to have to start all over on W30 as I caught him eating a piece of corn, day 1 for him again.  How's that for a laugh?

You did make me laugh out loud. Thank you!

Last night was a little awkward. I had several people ask why wasn't eating spaghetti. I just said I was avoiding gluten for awhile. It was a real cramped and I didn't know anyone so I didn't elaborate but I did it, so another NSV.

Then they had an auction....of dessert items. It was kind of funny. You know I am a stress eater and I sat through and hour and a half of every dessert known to man being auctioned off. What can you do but laugh right? I have never been to a dessert auction so it fittingly happened while on my Whole60.

It was almost 50 here, which for Vermont in February is unheard of.

One of my cats does like popcorn so maybe our cats are related.

See, nothing to stress over.  Now the next event you'll be even more prepared.  Not sure what I am considered, like your stress eating.....think I just like food lol.  Biggest problem is making bad choices and being prepared like last night, we have a freezer in the garage full of chicken, pork loin, pork shoulder butt, grounds beef and ham but didn't plan anything for dinner and when you whip something together at 6-7 at night when the kids are yelling and cats are meowing they're all hungry you never make great choices.

Thats usually what throws me off now, I do great breakfast and lunch then dinner......I've caved.  Even harder since the wife isn't doing this with me now as it really made it easier before.  I am determined to do this though so every morning I get up and eat my eggs n W30 bacon and hopefully this is the day I'll get started again.   Heck I did 40 days I should be able to do this again right?   I know those darn cats would lap up a bowl of milk if I'd put it down there to but they need to be strong to and eat they're kibble.

Morning!!  I don't know what it is like having to work around feeding a family. I have it easy as it is just me and my husband.

I know beef can get repetitive but something that has saved me, several times,  when I was running late has been premade frozen hamburger patties. You can cook one on the stove in a few minutes while you are baking a sweet potato in the microwave. I know it isn't the most exciting dinner but throw some spinach on the plate with it and you have a compliant dinner. Or make two burgers so the cats have something to gnaw on too.

I have used the burger trick and chicken wings but give a burger to my cat...Artemis really, I think my little Corgi would attack although my fat cats may be as big as my corgi these days.  It's a bit easier since it's just me cause I'll eat just about anything except green food, don't ask. Lol.  Have some taco style meat I can throw into a baked potato also or a romain boat for a quick easy.

Morning. You said you don't like green food. Have you tried the dump dressing? My husband is also not a fan of vegetables but he has been eating more since I started making the dressing. I'll send you the recipe if you want.

My cats have gotten hefty this winter too! I've been told it isn't PC to call the younger one Shamu. haha

Have a great day!

Lol, shamu is better than me calling Fatso all the time....wonder why he looks at me funny all the time??  Sure shoot me that recipe as I'll try anything once except asparagus ick.  

So how much longer are you trying to hang on?  Sounds like a great guy eating w30 with you is he?  My wife will eat MOST of w30 but slips a little in when I'm not around.

My W60 will be done on March 2 and then I am going to do reintroduction. I am going to do it slowly.

My husband has been supportive but he isn't eating W30. I wish he would clean up his diet some, but I don't feel it is my place to tell him what to eat. He does eat a lot of W30 dinners but only because I cook for both of us. I think he stuffs as much junk food into himself as he can before he gets home and there isn't any. haha.  Also, I think the cats are in cahoots with him. 

Here is the recipe. I got it from a site called " Whole Sisters"

Dump Ranch

Ingredients:

• 1 egg (room temperature) ,• 1 cup "light" olive oil ,• 1 tablespoon lemon juice,• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar,• 1 teaspoon salt

• 1 teaspoon pepper, • 3/4 teaspoon onion powder,• 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder,• 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk,• 1 handful cilantro or parsley (or herb of choice)

Directions:

Blend with an immersion blender for approximately one minute. Lasts in fridge up to one week.

The olive oil is really important. You need to use the light. I know from experience if you use regular it doesn't taste good.

Also since you only need 1/2 cup of the coconut milk I have been making my own. This will give you 1 cup of coconut milk:

Heat water, but don't boil. It should be hot, but not scalding.
  1. Put coconut in blender or Vitamix and add water. Let it sit a few minutes to soften.
  2. Blend on high for several minutes until thick and creamy.
  3. Pour through a mesh colander first to get most of the coconut out, and then squeeze through a towel or several thicknesses of cheesecloth to get remaining pieces of coconut out.

Ha ha Artemis you know better cats are wherever cats want to be. 

It it funny that I did this for 40 days and felt so much better and now all I can say is that I'm off it a feel like crap so I keep trying to restart it and make it a day or two and cheat.  But I guess the good is at least I know I need it and I do keep starting and my will power will win soon.

i think it's harder to start now because the wife isn't on it with me.  But I do have the great Artemis and my cats, oh my wonderful cats.  So, I will say once more that today is that day I will get back on the right track.

Archived