Cliche' but starting Jan. 1st

NotSoHappyEater

Good morning all, Day 10 and doing ok. 

We have been putting culinary lavender on our fried eggs and its amazing! Give it a whirl, but dont overdue it, just a pinch goes a long way. 

But for real, I cant eat any more eggs... tomorrow I am going to have to try and think of it as meal #1 instead of breakfast as the books says.

DREAMS! Oh the dreams!!! I have had some wacky dreams! Like real frustrating, out of character, nasty dreams. Any suggestions? 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:P mmmm, Just eggs....nope no way a few days would be enough but the bacon made a huge difference.  Then adding potatoes was good plus I usually shovel it down trying to throw my kids out the door and making the wife food to.  If I want to keep clean eating I need to find something else for breakfast also.  I do what they advise against and data Apple for a snack but even a week in I haven't had any real cravings or temptations.  Made the kids the lava cakes the other day and while they looked good I wasn't so tempted but Man o man they did look good.  

Maybe you you should try a hash, or a frittata.  Lol B) not sure what these are but the wife made a spinach frittata yesterday.  Not brave enough to try it just yet.

IMG_0668.PNG

Yep, so many other foods to eat besides eggs.  Also for those pressed for time, just cook bigger dinners and, boom, breakfast is served!

@NotSoHappyEater I couldn't parse your sentence, but did you mean that when you added potatoes to breakfast, you were able to eat it more deliberately and not wolf it down? That's good! Part of what the Whole30 hopes to accomplish is making us more aware of what we eat, and that mindfulness is fostered by avoiding distraction during mealtimes.  Which is why we're encouraged to not eat "on the go" like in cars, or standing over the sink, etc., and to not eat while watching TV or whatever.  With a busy schedule it can certainly be tough, but it's something to aim for.

Hi all. I also started on Jan 1 and haven't really felt anything at all. No real withdrawal symptoms (besides cravings) but also no change in energy levels or anything else people mention. Is Day 11 too early to feel any different?

9 hours ago, aw1234 said:

Hi all. I also started on Jan 1 and haven't really felt anything at all. No real withdrawal symptoms (besides cravings) but also no change in energy levels or anything else people mention. Is Day 11 too early to feel any different?

Same here.  I'm not too worried about it.  I've been having some NSVs but I also understand what my challenges are.  Still have a lot of binge eating behavior.  I need to get that in check. Over consuming coconut chips or almonds is still not healthy even if the food is better for me.  I need to bring it in. If I don't see some SVs by the end of this I'm going to be pretty sad despite the other benefits. 

Hi all. Nothing overly exciting today but another day sticking with the program is a plus. I tried canned salmon for lunch and it was good.

Airlinefood had asked about travel food. Does anyone have any suggestions? Protein is what I need to be portable for my job sometimes. Hard boiled eggs are ok but again, eggs are wearing thin. I have been doing some nuts but was just wondering if I am overlooking something easy. Sometimes I have access to my insulted lunchbox but a lot of times I need something that does not need refrigeration.

:P mmmm, Just eggs....nope no way a few days would be enough but the bacon made a huge difference.  Then adding potatoes was good plus I usually shovel it down trying to throw my kids out the door and making the wife food to.  If I want to keep clean eating I need to find something else for breakfast also.  I do what they advise against and data Apple for a snack but even a week in I haven't had any real cravings or temptations.  Made the kids the lava cakes the other day and while they looked good I wasn't so tempted but Man o man they did look good.  

Maybe you you should try a hash, or a frittata.  Lol B) not sure what these are but the wife made a spinach frittata yesterday.  Not brave enough to try it just yet.

for a take along snack, Jerky.

My dream my dreams my dreams!

I am having a really hard time with this. They are weighing me down. They are not about food, but are  weird, emotional, strange, unusual, and overwhelming.

I did get on the scale(I know, I know, we are instructed not to) and I have barley lost a pound without even cheating once! 

I am super frustrated and I'm honestly considering quitting...

Thanks for listening... I hope you are not experiencing the same. 

This is one area I feel for females.   My wife has lost 3 pounds, and I've lost 15 in 10 days.  I believe guys are so much luckier in this area, although I drink a ton of sodas and I'm sure giving that up alone was part of my weight loss. 

Try not to give up, you halfway through this thing and if anything else call it grit.   Just show yourself you don't quit.   I've honestly had periods where I would put on 2 pounds and the next day I would lose 4 pounds you never know what's right around the corner so please don't give up.

This is why we are instructed to not get on the scale!

I know if I did, I would be so discouraged. I've possibly lost some weight, but I know my body. The weight is not "falling off." I probably have not lost very much.

But I'm not focusing on that right now. Right now I'm focusing on the other benefits - COOKING food, eating at the table instead of the computer. Heck, just eating healthy actual food instead of potato chips. I literally had no idea how to prepare an actual meal. I know I sound like a freak of nature - I am. But I was a slave to prepared. pre made food, and junk food.

Your body is so grateful to not be slammed with sugar and bad carbs right now. This is not a weight loss program. It's more of a reset to balance your body's system. At least that is how I'm looking at it. 

Don't give up! You've come so far already. I keep telling myself the weight loss will come eventually. That's just how it is.

1. It's a 30 day program not an 11 day program.

2. Stay off the scale.

3. Eat per the template.

4. Weight loss is not guaranteed.  What is guaranteed is the opportunity to build lifetime habits that will lead to increased health over time.

6 hours ago, PB&JMAINE said:

I am super frustrated and I'm honestly considering quitting...

Thanks for listening... I hope you are not experiencing the same. 

Don't give up. At the end of this, at the very least you will have the sense of accomplishment of sticking with something difficult. And it is always a good thing to eat healthy. You may be improving your cholesterol, blood pressure, blood glucose, etc.

I am trying to eat some new things so we had sweet potato hash for dinner. It was really good and something different. Also very easy to make.

PB&J- Hang in there. Put your scale in the closet or under the bed for the rest of the month. I am guessing if you are like most of us, you have let the device make you feel bad for a long time. Give yourself a break from it- even if for just a few weeks. :) 

I know, I know... I'm still here. Thank you all for the encouragement!

You are right kirkor, I shouldn't cut my self short. 

19 hours ago, kirkor said:

1. It's a 30 day program not an 11 day program.

Last night we had pork carnitas (recipe from the book) and it was delicious! 

The dreams are the hardest part! 

Put chicken and sweet potatoes in oven.....went to serve dinner...oven had quit. How frustrating. I was hungry so I got mad that the stove had quit. My first instinct was to eat something off program....because I was mad....but I didn't. I am trying to learn not to use food to try to solve problem or emotions. Eating a pan of brownies would not have fixed the stove!!   I had a sweet potato for dinner and the chicken will make a good dinner for tomorrow. :) 

Archived