Cliche' but starting Jan. 1st

NotSoHappyEater

6 hours ago, wildheart46 said:

Larabar for breakfast (running out the door. ) hungry. Larabar for mid morning snack. Still hungry. Apple. Still hungry!!! Thankfully, lunch is soon!

Good lord, no wonder you're hungry!!

Larabar + Larabar + apple = recipe for more than just a blood sugar crash, more like a blood sugar 10-car pileup!

Keep sardines or olives or hardboiled eggs etc. at work for these snacking needs.

Make a habit of always cooking for dinner so you always have leftovers to grab in the morning.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are on day 14!!! Almost halfway!!!!  And my cat was walking on my head in the middle of the night so you can downgrade me today to cat "liker".

It went from strangely warm here in Vermont, almost 60 Thursday, to very cold. The high today is only going to be about 25. So I want to explore some Whole 30 soups or stews.  I seem to be on a sweet potato kick so I am going to try to make sweet potato soup. It seems pretty easy but the recipe uses something called Ras el Hanout. I am just learning how to cook real food ( I know the Domino's pizza phone number by heart). My Google search says  this is just a bunch of spices together and I too can create this.

4 hours ago, Artemis22 said:

It seems pretty easy but the recipe uses something called Ras el Hanout. I am just learning how to cook real food ( I know the Domino's pizza phone number by heart). My Google search says  this is just a bunch of spices together and I too can create this.

Melissa Joulwan is my go-to for things like this: http://meljoulwan.com/2010/01/10/these-are-a-few-of-my-favorite-things-ras-el-hanout/

On 1/13/2017 at 6:20 PM, Artemis22 said:

I am trying to learn not to use food to try to solve problem or emotions. Eating a pan of brownies would not have fixed the stove!!  

I can't remember if I saw this here or elsewhere, but here's a phrase I read recently that I thought was neat:

"If hunger is not the problem, then food is not the solution."

Day 15!!! We are halfway through!!

I made Melissa Joulwan's sweet potato soup and it was really, really good. The only thing I did differently was leave out the bacon, because I didn't have any that was compliant.

It is worth making even without the bacon.

On 1/13/2017 at 8:59 PM, kirkor said:

Good lord, no wonder you're hungry!!

Larabar + Larabar + apple = recipe for more than just a blood sugar crash, more like a blood sugar 10-car pileup!

Keep sardines or olives or hardboiled eggs etc. at work for these snacking needs.

Make a habit of always cooking for dinner so you always have leftovers to grab in the morning.

@kirkor Thank you for pointing this out! I honestly had no idea that this wasn't healthy. I mean, apples, dates, and nuts are healthy, right? We've talked about nuts so I won't belabor that point. After the nuts and Larabars go there will be no new ones coming into the house. Same for the apples.

I am not a huge fan of eggs. But I am thinking of making something like prosciutto and egg muffin cups to grab for breakfast. Sardines are out of the question. Olives are delicious. 

I do try to always have something either on the stove or in the fridge as far as cooking/leftovers go, but as we all know, gaps happen. Thank you again for your guidance. I am not exaggerating when I say that I have no idea how to eat healthfully. That is why I'm here. 

It's those cats sucking the life out of you 1 grain of sugar at a time Artemis.  No burst but more energy np really love the fact my joint pain is gone.  I have a physical on Feb. 10 and hoping all numbers are great.

ive experienced changes in other ways but feel they're probably not in ways people care to share in but let's just say I see differences.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Artemis22 said:

Is anyone getting Tiger Blood?

I read Melissa's post on how it is different for everyone.

When you read people's comments on Facebook they are pole vaulting skyscrapers. I don't have that energy yet. Anyone else?

That is one way to experience tiger blood. For other people, it's more like, they find their mood is steady (I remember reading on the forum once, someone realized they no longer found themselves yelling at other drivers in traffic on their drive home after work), energy is maybe not through the roof, but it's even throughout the day, so maybe you come home and instead of collapsing on the couch, you actually get chores done around the house, or you do bigger things you've been putting off like painting a room or organizing a closet. Maybe you get out of bed a little easier in the morning. Or you don't get as annoyed by kids/spouse/coworkers/other humans in general. Don't overlook results you are having by focusing on the ones you may or may not get in the future.

It wouldn't be written about in ISWF, if it did not exist.  It's physical and not mental. Meaning it's  not a state of mind that you work yourself up into.. through the power of positive thinking or positive affirmations. It either happens or it does not. You're in for a real treat if it does happen for you. The physical bliss is not imaginary but you can't make it happen.

If quality of health is already top notch, you may not notice a thing. Mine was in the multi-crapper and it did happen around day 21-23. There were others in my group who experienced it, too.  

12 hours ago, Artemis22 said:

Is anyone getting Tiger Blood?

I read Melissa's post on how it is different for everyone.

When you read people's comments on Facebook they are pole vaulting skyscrapers. I don't have that energy yet. Anyone else?

Nope. Not even close. But I am not worried. This is mostly a learning experience for me. I expect my next Whole 30 will be better. 

Good morning!! Welcome to day 21!!!

Is everyone still with us? It is quiet again on the thread. I tried spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and ground turkey last night. It was a nice change. I am hoping to try the coconut curry chicken that PB&J recommended tonight.

Our Forum has went quiet, is everyone still on track?  I know I've had 3 days where I was ready to bail but got through thanks to my wife.  

Artemis my cat liking friend are you still here?  Did you get to try that coconut curry chicken?  I'm throwing a big Pork Shoulder Butt in the slow cooker this am and add some chipotle and whole30 BBQ sauce then trying some Whole 30 slaw with it......man now I'm hungry.

Hi guys - sorry for silence on my part. It's not in my nature to post much online or check often. Too much good stuff going on to stare at a computer or little phone screen.

OK - I'm still on the diet, and it's going well, but I had to restart on Day 14.  I had a night out that was too good to pass up, and I made a conscious, deliberate decision to break the diet and start over.  More on why later. So I'm back on Day 7. I am on Whole30 for the long haul, so it really doesn't matter, it's just a Whole45 for me now. No biggie, I love the way I feel right now, no Tiger Blood but calm, happy energy all day.

I'll explain my night out later. Best of luck to you all - my biggest tip - buy all 3 of Mel Joulwan's Well Fed cookbooks- I'm king of the kitchen now following her guidance! Every meal has been delicious, why would I not eat clean if it tastes this good?

Steve

Archived