Sugar headache...... Owww

I'm 25 weeks preggo and on Day 2 of my second Whole 30 (the first one lasted almost a year, it's become my new normal!) but as soon as the nausea and aversions hit, I couldn't EVEN meat and eggs and mayo and veggies or even fruit without yakking. So I embarked on a muffin/bagel/cracker binge which lasted several months. Now I'm able to stomach my usual food again (stoked) but am wondering about the sugar headache. WOW. Day two now and it's pretty excruciating. Is there anything I can do/eat to accelerate this process. I feel like it's ten times worse this time, maybe because I ate so well for so long, I don't know. Does it defeat the purpose to chow down on dates and other carby things, or does that just draw it out? I know us preggos get some latitude with the snacking ;) any insight much appreciated. 

• Moderators

Congratulations!

My first thought would be, be sure you're drinking plenty of water. I wouldn't rely on dates too much, but you could try having starchy vegetables with each meal for a few days and see if that helps -- they're less likely to leave you craving sweets than dates would be. Also, don't forget to salt your food. And obviously be sure you're eating enough in general. I hope you feel better soon.

Archived