Easily Digestible Protein Suggestions?

DrewB

This is my second Whole30 and today is day 1. While listening to Food Freedom this morning I thought about doing the inflammation reset, that would exclude eggs and nightshades in addition to everything else. I'm not sure I'll be able to stick to that extreme but plan to try and avoid it as much as possible after realizing many of the meals I planned included tomato and potato. So now to my actual question....what are some easily digestible proteins other then eggs that are good post-workout?

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Mama j said:

What do you eat pre workout if you workout first thing in the morning. 

Pre-workout food definitely varies from person to person. You want protein and fat, not carbs. You could do an egg, cooked any way that sounds good -- hard boiled would be easy to make ahead, but you could take a few minutes to scramble or fry it if you prefer. Leftovers would work -- have some chicken or beef or whatever protein you have in the fridge from a previous meal. Some people use a spoonful of coconut butter or nut butter, especially if they find they have trouble keeping more solid food down. There are even some people who just do a bulletproof coffee made before their workout. You may have to try a few different things to find what works best for you.

Archived