snack/mini-meal recommendations?

guestdvp

I know we're not supposed to snack on the Whole30, but I normally eat breakfast at 6am and lunch not till noon or 1, so i need a snack or mini-meal to tide me over in the late morning.  I know that usually protein/fat is recommended.  I'm getting a little burnt out though on my standard few bites of rotisserie chicken, carrots, and mayo with frank's hot sauce.  Anyone have other creative quick/easy go-tos?  Don't want to get too bored and grab something unhealthy.  Thanks!

I am looking for ideas as well! Glad I found your post.

So far (day 3) I have been doing my pre/post workout food when I go to the gym at 5AM. Full Meal 1 at 7/7:30. Mini Meal/Meal 2 at 11AMish. Meal 3 at 2:30/3ish. and Meal 4 at 6:30/7ish. I also typically get in yoga/pilates class at lunch. So I definitely think I need the extra meal since I workout a lot and am up for such a long day. What do you think?

Thus far my mini meal/meal 2 has been a can of tuna, mixed with compliant chipotle mayo and some canned peas stuffed in romain lettuce. 

Four days a week is probbaly enough training provided you're getting in other types of movement on the other three days. Have a read at >this article< which explains rest & recovery a little better and how lack of it can impact hormones and adrenals.

Pre & postWO meals look good, as does the rest of your schedule. You may find around 10 days in that you can stick to just the pre/post & three meals as you're body will become fat-adapted.

Hope this helps :)

2 minutes ago, jmcbn said:

Four days a week is probbaly enough training provided you're getting in other types of movement on the other three days. Have a read at >this article< which explains rest & recovery a little better and how lack of it can impact hormones and adrenals.

Pre & postWO meals look good, as does the rest of your schedule. You may find around 10 days in that you can stick to just the pre/post & three meals as you're body will become fat-adapted.

Hope this helps :)

Yes! Thanks so much!

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, fitgirl_valx said:

Thus far my mini meal/meal 2 has been a can of tuna, mixed with compliant chipotle mayo and some canned peas stuffed in romain lettuce. 

Canned peas like green peas? Those are legumes and aren't Whole30.

1 minute ago, ShannonM816 said:

Canned peas like green peas? Those are legumes and aren't Whole30.

Seriously? Oh man... 

"We're fine with green beans, sugar snap peas and snow peas. While they're technically a legume, these are far more “pod” than “bean,” and green plant matter is generally good for you. Vinegar. Most forms of vinegar, including white, balsamic, apple cider, red wine, and rice, are allowed during your Whole30 program."

I thought this meant it was fine!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, SarahF22 said:

I'm wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for Super Bowl food? I'll be going to a party and I'll want to provide something tasty that I can also eat. 

Google Whole30 Super Bowl, or Whole30 party, or Whole30 finger foods -- tons of bloggers have done posts on this.

If it were me, I'd eat before i went or take a full meal with me, and also take something compliant to share, just to be sure you have enough to eat and aren't tempted by the non-compliant foods that will probably be around. If you want to take a protein, you could do deviled eggs, chicken wings or strips, shrimp, meatballs. For vegetables, a veggie tray is the obvious choices, or potato salad, or something like this broccoli salad (trust me, they'll like it, even if it is vegetables). Fats could be a homemade ranch dip, or guacamole, or an olive tray. If you want something really yummy, bacon wrapped potatoes or sweet potatoes are good, but they'll go fast, so make more than you think you need, or be sure you grab yours as you're setting the dish out. If you want something that would get some protein, some fat, and some veggies, you could do tomatoes (maybe about campari or roma sized) stuffed with tuna or chicken salad.

Archived