Anniversary during reintroduction

Bldst8mnt

My husband and I celebrate out dating anniversary every year (mainly because it's Valentine's day.)  This year it falls on day 6 of our reintroduction.. We usually do Chinese food and a movie (a tradition started in high school:)) 

Any ideas for food substitutions or Chinese restaurants that can cater to our dietary needs? 

• Moderators

For restaurants, you'll just have to research your local restaurants and maybe talk to them about if they can make you something.

If you're up for making your own, easiest would probably be stir fry + cauliflower rice, using coconut aminos in place of soy sauce if you have them, and maybe just before serving, a drizzle of sesame oil. Or google Whole30 + your favorite dish and see if there are recipes out there to make compliant versions -- I bet for a lot of dishes there are, you'll just have to look. Or you can do egg drop soup, pad thai, egg foo yung. I'm sure there are others.

If there's something about Chinese food you feel like you can't live without (like, if cauli rice doesn't cut it for you, or you really, really need the soy sauce flavor instead of coconut aminos), you could pick one thing, and make sure it fits with your reintroduction that day. So, if you really want real rice, do your non-gluten grain reintroduction that day, or if you really must have soy sauce or tofu, do your legume reintro that day.

Archived