Reheating Chicken

Jsouth21

I saw a meal prep idea to make chicken three different ways  at once and use it throughout the week so you don't get bored with one flavor. It sounds like a great idea, with the exception of one thing - reheated chicken tastes funky and I despise it. I've read something about how reheating chicken dries it out, thus the funky flavor. I dread reheating chicken and have just avoided it, but I wanted to know if there's a way to avoid the horrible taste of reheated chicken so I can use it for lunches? 

• Administrators

How have you normally reheated it? We cook a tray of chicken thighs and eat them all week, sometimes cold, sometimes fried in a "hash". I don't normally enjoy reheating chicken breasts but the brown meat usually works out alright.

You could try chopping it up and throwing it in a soup? Also, microwaving food has to be about the worst as far as taste and texture goes. Maybe try without the microwave and use a frying pan?

1 minute ago, ladyshanny said:

How have you normally reheated it? We cook a tray of chicken thighs and eat them all week, sometimes cold, sometimes fried in a "hash". I don't normally enjoy reheating chicken breasts but the brown meat usually works out alright.

You could try chopping it up and throwing it in a soup? Also, microwaving food has to be about the worst as far as taste and texture goes. Maybe try without the microwave and use a frying pan?

I have yet to try cooking chicken thighs, but I could give that a try next time. I normally just make chicken breast and my reheat method is the microwave. Even once reheating a chicken soup I still got the flavor! :( I can't use a frying pan since it would be at work, although I've tried using a toaster oven and it had the same effect. 

I cook boneless skinless chicken thigh (would prefer skin on, but Costco doesn't sell them) drizzled w avocado oil and lots of s&p at 425 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.  This is my chicken staple.  So much tastier than the breast meat IMO.

Archived