When to eat

Gail S

So I completed a Whole30 on October 17 and saw many improvements in energy, skin, mood, weight, etc. I decided to continue on and now am on day 36.

My issue is how do I know when to eat? I just do not get hungry very often. Right now I am eating breakfast and usually not hungry when lunch or dinner time rolls around but I eat anyway. Sometimes I am hungry but most of the time not.

I know I have a long ways to go to totally heal my body from the damage caused in the past from diets, processed foods, stress,etc. (which is the reason why I am continuing past 30 days). So do I just continue to eat following the food template and wait for my body to heal and give me the appropriate signals or do I wait for actual hunger.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Gail

• Moderators

Since eating three times per day even when you were not feeling hungry gave you "many improvements in energy, skin, mood, weight, etc.," I would not mess with it. I can appreciate that eating when you don't feel hungry may feel a little unpleasant, but keep doing what you've been doing and you are likely to keep getting good results. You allude to having lots of damage to undo, so you might not start getting reliable hunger signals for several months.

Thanks for the responses. I think given my pass of yo-yo dieting, low-carbing, carb cycling, processed food addicition etc I am not at the point I can trust my body as it is still confused. I am convinced that it will take more than 30 days of eating whole foods for my body to recognize that this is the new norm and give me appropriate signals.

At this point I feel I need to watch, wait and continue to be compliant with the whole 30 guidelines. I definitely didn't get this way overnight and as much as I would like it, my body is not going to heal overnight either.

Gail

Archived