Low blood sugar reaction type 2 newbie

Yesterday was my Day 1, I took my usual dose of insulin, at 9pm I realized my sugar was too low.  I was shaky and sweating, sure enough my sugar was 60, very low.  How in the heck did my blood sugars correct on day 1?  I didn't expect that at all.   Unfortunately, that meant I had to consume emergency sugar,  I tempered it with hard boiled eggs but it was still sugar.  

How in the heck did my sugar correct so quickly?  Very excited it happened and now I know to be more watchful and cautious with my insulin dosing.

Any ideas on this?  

• Whole30 Certified Coach

You need insulin to clear blood glucose... low glucose, low insulin needs!  

Be careful - might be safer to underdose for a few days until you see how you respond to a lower carb intake. 

• Moderators
On January 24, 2017 at 6:58 AM, pinkyt177 said:

Yesterday was my Day 1, I took my usual dose of insulin, at 9pm I realized my sugar was too low.  I was shaky and sweating, sure enough my sugar was 60, very low.  How in the heck did my blood sugars correct on day 1?  I didn't expect that at all.   Unfortunately, that meant I had to consume emergency sugar,  I tempered it with hard boiled eggs but it was still sugar.  

How in the heck did my sugar correct so quickly?  Very excited it happened and now I know to be more watchful and cautious with my insulin dosing.

Any ideas on this?  

No one here is a medical professional and we can't offer medical advice.  It sounds like you understand how to regulate your insulin and sugar, however it's a good idea to talk with your doctor when you are doing a drastic diet change like this.

Archived