Day 30 whole 30 and did not lose a lot of weight

CC2

Hi I completed the whole 30, which is huge for me as I have always had a binge eating issue. I never binged... although I was so afraid of being too hungry that I definitely ate until I was very satisfied.  Once in awhile I would have issues around 4/5pm and eat some homemade muesli...potentially my portion sizes were  too big overall? I was trying to always listen to my hunger cues, so I ate until satisfied. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

While Whole30 definitely does not want you to be hungry during the program, the meal template sizes and recommendations against snacking do exist for a reason.  Part of the reset that the Whole30 hopes to accomplish is in terms of your hormones and hunger/satiety cues.  It's possible that from years of eating typical processed foods that your cues are scrambled, and so eating until you were very satisfied might be more food than your body actually requires for optimal function.

• Moderators

First, can you tell us what NSV results you've had? Clearer skin? More energy? Better sleeping? Feeling more in control around food? Better moods?

You can also give us a few days of your typical meals including portions, and also fill us in on your sleep, stress levels, general health and your level of physical activity and we can try to see if there are any suggestions we can make to help. Your body may just need a little more time, it may be still in the process of healing.

6 hours ago, kirkor said:

While Whole30 definitely does not want you to be hungry during the program, the meal template sizes and recommendations against snacking do exist for a reason.  Part of the reset that the Whole30 hopes to accomplish is in terms of your hormones and hunger/satiety cues.  It's possible that from years of eating typical processed foods that your cues are scrambled, and so eating until you were very satisfied might be more food than your body actually requires for optimal function.

^This might be one of the big culprits. For me, I found that my appetite/hunger cues changed substantially in the latter part of my whole 30 (I'm on day 25 today).  My hunger and appetite decreased once I cut out sugar, dairy and all grains

@CC2Did you notice your appetite diminishing or changing in any way during your whole 30?

Thank you everyone for your comments.  I did not even realize I received responses. So sorry for the delayed reply.  Below I will answer your questions about my experience to see if you have additional thoughts.  In general I am healthy... I did not have any ailments or diseases. I also have always consistently exercised. I need my sleep... so I had never had trouble sleeping and typically sleep at least 8 hours a night.  For NSV... I did not notice an increase in energy, moods, cleaner skin, etc., which was disappointing... I thought I would have boundless energy :).   Although I have totally changed my eating habits...I never really cooked before and now I cook every meal.  I followed the template and had the meat, veggies and good fat every meal.  So this has been the biggest benefit that I learned how to eat right!   I also have reduced cravings ... before I used have such a strong pull to eat bad food and now I do not.  Below is my typical day:

7 am 3 scrambled eggs with spinach and onions and peppers topped with advocado

9:30 am...  5 days a week I either run, spin or do a cardio class for 45-60 minutes

11:00.... sometimes I would have a post wo meal .... although it would be easier or more consistent if there was a bar or something very easy to grab

12:00-1:00 pm lunch is 1/2 lb of the chicken salad with the basic mayo with carrots or roasted sliced sweet potatoes

4-5 pm is a problem time.... I totally want to eat.. sometimes I would eat nuts  or a Lara bar

6 dinner...chicken or perfect burger or ground turkey with some sort of roasted veggie.  I tend to eat more at dinner.

i want to lose around 5-10 lbs. any advice would be helpful!

thank you very much!!

Archived