Encouragement

abednarek

So I am on day 16, doing great, been feeling full on three meals a day, but today has been so different, I am hungry all day, and all I want is carbs, I have not caved but did snack today. My energy is running lower today. Just have to make it through today

You can do this. You have 16 days that tell you that you can. Did you slack a bit on your first meal? I did one time and I swear, I suffered all day. It was awful. I had a mini meal which messed up my second meal and it just went on and on. I really have to start out with a very large breakfast. A typical breakfast for me would be 3 eggs fried in ghee, 2 cups of spinach, 1 cup of mushrooms or spaghetti squash and sometimes a big splash of coconut milk.

So I am on day 16, doing great, been feeling full on three meals a day, but today has been so different, I am hungry all day, and all I want is carbs, I have not caved but did snack today. My energy is running lower today. Just have to make it through today

You need more food. I was the same way and thought I was eating enough but as soon as I added more food to each meal the hunger went away and my energy went WAY up. I eat a LOT of squash or an entire sweet potato with breakfast every day in addition to all my protein and lots of green veggies and sometimes fruit as well. I have found that the amount of carbs I have in the AM determines how I feel the rest of the day. What did you have for breakfast?

From what I've read on here, a lot of people seem to have one 'off' day like this. for me it was day 22. I'd found it quite easy up to then but really struggled that day. Couldn't see any reason for it. The funny thing is, i've never really had a sweet tooth but that day I craved anything sweet. We have a saying here 'I could eat a scabby horse' well that's how I felt, constantly hungry and unsatisfied whatever I ate. The good news is the following day hunger and cravings had all gone and I felt back to normal. I'm on day 51 and haven't been like that again.

Looking back, I think it may have been my brain having one last ditch attempt to wrestle me off plan and back to it's old ways. Well it lost, I won :) Good luck

Thank you all, I had a good night sleep, ate a big breakfast like I have been for two weeks,lunch was protein salad, fats. Dinner was fish, veggies with guac sauce, and sweet potato. I ended up eating a banana with almond butter and that seemed to stave off the "cravings" I do feel better this am.

Archived