Bone Broth

kturner2206

Hello - As I know that snacking is frowned upon when doing Whole30, is it acceptable to sip on bone broth or organic bullion in between meals?  I have been working on starting for the last couple of weeks and I feel like I finally have a grasp however just wondering about certain things in between meals as I am a grazer and am having to change that habit.

• Moderators

Yes, these are okay to have as a beverage between meals if you'd like to.

If you're actually hungry between meals, though, you should eat, just make it a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. If you're consistently hungry between meals, you probably need to look at how your meals are composed and make sure they're big enough and include the right mix of foods. You can download the meal template here if you need it: https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

If you have trouble with MSG, yeast extract contains naturally occurring MSG (so it's technically allowed). But if it was a toss up between drinking some bone broth and drinking some of those cubes in water, I'd go with the bone broth since it'll have collagen and minerals that will actually provide a positive benefit. Those cubes just taste like broth, mostly thanks to the MSG. 

Archived