Low on protein

So as I was running out the door this morning I saw the leftovers I had set aside for lunch had been half eaten. I grabbed a can of green beans, the leftovers and a can of olives but it's still not enough protein. I have an epic bar in my purse, would it be better to have that as my protein or just have a light lunch? The epic bar is compliant just gross and I hate to have that much processed food in a meal.

Can you stop at a store somewhere and get some eggs? All of the convenience stores and supermarkets that I go to carry hard boiled eggs. Or you can get regular eggs and scramble them in the microwave (this is assuming you have access to a fridge and a microwave). 

A can or two of chicken or tuna could also work...might not be the tastiest meal, but it'll keep you full. 

I don't think the bar itself would be enough of a meal, and you probably would want to supplement that with veggies. I agree on stopping at a store for a can of tuna; when this happened to me last week I stopped by the convenience store on the way to work and got some hard boiled eggs and added that to a salad of mixed greens and a can of tuna with a handful of grape tomatoes. It wasn't great but it got the job done and kept me full for a few hours. 

Good luck today!

Thank y'all so much! Your throw together meal actually sounds delicious. While there was no time for a store visit today I will be prepared next time. The egg idea is brilliant, I had no clue you could make scrambled eggs in the microwave. I always have a handful at the house. Plus I think I will boil a few tonight and locate some compliant canned meats for the emergency pile. 

I'll just do my best for lunch, the bar plus the can of green beans, and olives will probably work if I have an early dinner and keep drinking coffee and tons of water. And I'm guessing no more salt after that sodium bomb of a meal.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, dmartino95 said:

and keep drinking coffee and tons of water. And I'm guessing no more salt after that sodium bomb of a meal.

We wouldn't recommend to 'keep drinking coffee' past noon... coffee can mess with your hormones (cortisol/leptin) and appetite.  I would also not skimp on salt for other meals, it sounds like olives are the only briney thing... tuna is not inherently salty, same with eggs and green beans.

Archived