Going to the movies

Hey folks,

Whole30 newbie here, and forum newbie as well. I'm on Day 10 and am actually really surprised at how good I feel and how well the program has curbed my snacking/alcohol consumption/sugar intake.

My husband and I are planning on going to the movies tomorrow night, and I know this will probably trigger Milk Duds or popcorn cravings for me, but I still really want to go. Does anyone have any advice for getting through a movie without concession stand cravings getting in the way? I know snacking is generally prohibited by the program, but would this merit a special occasion larabar to keep me from giving in to temptation?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, WholeHouston said:

Hey folks,

Whole30 newbie here, and forum newbie as well. I'm on Day 10 and am actually really surprised at how good I feel and how well the program has curbed my snacking/alcohol consumption/sugar intake.

My husband and I are planning on going to the movies tomorrow night, and I know this will probably trigger Milk Duds or popcorn cravings for me, but I still really want to go. Does anyone have any advice for getting through a movie without concession stand cravings getting in the way? I know snacking is generally prohibited by the program, but would this merit a special occasion larabar to keep me from giving in to temptation?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

How about holding hands with your hubby and not eating anything?  It's what, 90-120 min?  I know it's a temptation but you'll run into temptations your whole life and if you want to change your habits and relationship with food, then you have to do something different than what you normally do... so eating something different instead of milkduds doesn't really change your habits, does it?  Your personal strength and integrity is all you need to keep from giving in to temptation... you've got the movie to distract you... it's not like you're going to spend 120 min staring at the concession stand... 

Archived