Mayo....GRRRREAT!!!

Susan W

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breezy..isn't it the best? I love how you don't have to drizzle the olive oil. It's just the greatest thing. Who knew mayo could cause such a stir (pun intended). :)

Ha!

I'm back on day one of my second Whole30 and feelin' very happy about it. Gotta decide how to inaugurate the new mayo.

Ha!

I'm back on day one of my second Whole30 and feelin' very happy about it. Gotta decide how to inaugurate the new mayo.

Amy, besides making wonderful tuna and egg salad, I really like flavoring it with chipotle powder or a chili paste that I make myself and then dip chicken or shrimp in it. Delish. I have also been known to simply gobble a spoonful along with a meal as my healthy fat. Sometimes I goo it over spag squash. It makes it creamy and lovely. :)

Amy, besides making wonderful tuna and egg salad, I really like flavoring it with chipotle powder or a chili paste that I make myself and then dip chicken or shrimp in it. Delish. I have also been known to simply gobble a spoonful along with a meal as my healthy fat. Sometimes I goo it over spag squash. It makes it creamy and lovely. :)

That sounds awesome. I am thinking maybe curry powder today...

Lol. You sure did. I haven't had it in years. Just mixed it up and sliced up a bunch of celery, carrots, cukes and peppers. I added a little coconut milk for fun. :)

I totally mixed mine with curry powder, yeah. I think next batch I might mix it in as soon as the mayo is made, so the curry flavor has time to really meld with the mayonnaise.

So I'm wondering - can a person marry an emulsion? I know I've indicated that my blog (which had a post about mayonnaise recently) is mostly about coming out as a lesbian. Perhaps I was too hasty. It's possible I am, in fact, a mayonnaise-bian. I'm just sayin.

I totally mixed mine with curry powder, yeah. I think next batch I might mix it in as soon as the mayo is made, so the curry flavor has time to really meld with the mayonnaise.

So I'm wondering - can a person marry an emulsion? I know I've indicated that my blog (which had a post about mayonnaise recently) is mostly about coming out as a lesbian. Perhaps I was too hasty. It's possible I am, in fact, a mayonnaise-bian. I'm just sayin.

I just LOL'd so hard at this! :lol:

So amazing with roasted garlic on spaghetti squash. Best Alfredo ever anyone? Just needs a slug of coconut for that. :)

Goodness!

My daughter (who is not eating Whole30 herself) said tonight, with no little surprise, "I really like a lot of vegetables!" She's nine. Awesome!

Mayo has turned into such a happy place for all of us, I wish I could edit the GRRRRR..from my post title. I was an unhappy mayo lover for a couple of days. :) :)

To: Susan

Go to the first post in the thread and click "Edit", then click "Use Full Editor" and you can change the title if you want. Just add eat! to change it as Derval did in her post. :)

To: Susan

Go to the first post in the thread and click "Edit", then click "Use Full Editor" and you can change the title if you want. Just add eat! to change it as Derval did in her post.

Susan GA...cool. Going to do it as soon as I get back to my laptop. :)

UGH, tried 3 times to make mayo using emersion blender, watched the video and everything! Wasted a bunch of eggs and oil. So sad

Oh gosh. I so feel your pain. We can do this. Lets take it step by step. Did you let all of the ingredients come to room temp?

Archived