Which rx bars are compliant

Jewels_V

I have searched this forum for a list of RX bars that are compliant but I cannot find one.  The RX Bar website says all but the peanut butter are.  I'm on day 15 and I have eaten the chocolate coconut one and today one bite of the chocolate sea salt. After I tasted it I got paranoid about it being allowed on W30 so I didn't eat the rest.  I've added the ingredients for the Chocolate Sea Salt bar.  Is this compliant or do I have to start over? I don't even know what the difference between cocoa and cacao is but they are both listed. 

IMG_0244.PNG

• Moderators

I believe the ones with cacao are technically compliant but they don't fit anywhere in a true Whole30... There's no list, just go by the ingredients but if you want to follow both the rules and the spirit of the program you won't eat the ones that resemble a chocolate bar.

Thanks again @SugarcubeOD.  I bit into it and I immediately thought Whoa. This does not feel right.  It does not feel like something that I should be eating on Whole 30, so my husband enjoyed the rest of the bar.  I am not going to say that I am restarting because of that, since technically I was compliant.  But, I am going to try and do a Whole 45 instead.   I have auto-immune issues anyway, and I need to work on my Sugar Dragon and learning to eat according to what my body needs, not what WW says I should have in points (to be honest, I have either been dieting or bingeing so long that I have no idea how to just eat.  Its sad, I know).  But I am ready to change!  Since its summer, however, and I really want to enjoy all the fresh fruit this season has to offer, I am giving myself the upper end of the fruit servings (I think in the book they said one might have 4-5 servings in summer but none in winter?).  Not that I am striving for that every day, but I want to make my Whole45 experience more enjoyable and without summer fruit (berries, watermelon) I feel like I am missing out on one of the best things of summer.  Chocolate Sea Salt Rx bars, on the other hand, I can get any time.  

Archived