Starting July 7th

Jessica Koenig

Hi everyone! 

I'm Jess, a newbie to Whole30. I am a foodie/cook a lot, I'm a Realtor during the day so I'm on the go a lot as well. I LOVE pastas and breads, but I eat fairly healthy majority of the time. I'm going to have a hard time not eating any added sugars or grains/flours. I'm excited to explore new recipes (since cooking is my thing) and to really come out less depressed,anxious, and nervous. My stomach always hurts and my periods are awful, as well as my skin. I can and will do this (motivating myself so that little voice of doubt shuts up)! If anyone else is starting tomorrow, I'd love to keep in touch and discuss how our days went. 

XXOO

Hi-it's a pleasure to meet you! Today's the day! I'm up early. My long-term boyfriend left about 2 hours ago (4 am) for 2 weeks for a military mission, so I'm wide awake and planning my day. I'm taking on a lot at one time but I'm ready! We are going to do great :) I can't wait to hear how your days go and any tips we learn along the way. 

So far, so good. I had some crazy bad dreams the first three nights, but I didn't last night so that's an improvement. Had a headache yesterday, but short lived. The cravings are hard, but they do pass. It's also hard to pass up foods form other people, or saying no to coworkers who want to go out to eat every single day at lunch because although I could go sometimes, I'm limiting myself to once a week, and I've prepped for all the other days. I love to cook, but I LOVE eating out and trying new foods. I'm making it though...how are you doing? I'm so glad I didn't quit so far, I know 5 days seems like nothing but this will be the first " I'm trying a new way of eating" and sticking to it for this long. I really want a change this time. 

On 7/6/2017 at 9:39 AM, Jessica Koenig said:

I LOVE pastas and breads, but I eat fairly healthy majority of the time. I'm going to have a hard time not eating any added sugars or grains/flours.

Hello, I started an official Whole30 on the 4th, but I'd adopted most of the guidelines about a month prior.  One of my most exciting discoveries (I love pasta too) is zoodles - noodles made from zucchini.  I actually am liking them better than real pasta - so much so I bought a spiralizer and have been making my own for a few weeks.  Not sure if you have Trader Joe's stores in south Texas, but they also sell carrot noodles (frozen) and riced cauliflower and broccoli (by the bag) which are decent rice substitutes.  It's good that you like to cook, because I feel like I am spending a LOT of time buying, cooking, and eating food - but I am actually enjoying it.  And I've already seen health benefits.  Welcome!

28 minutes ago, Jim4884 said:

Hello, I started an official Whole30 on the 4th, but I'd adopted most of the guidelines about a month prior.  One of my most exciting discoveries (I love pasta too) is zoodles - noodles made from zucchini.  I actually am liking them better than real pasta - so much so I bought a spiralizer and have been making my own for a few weeks.  Not sure if you have Trader Joe's stores in south Texas, but they also sell carrot noodles (frozen) and riced cauliflower and broccoli (by the bag) which are decent rice substitutes.  It's good that you like to cook, because I feel like I am spending a LOT of time buying, cooking, and eating food - but I am actually enjoying it.  And I've already seen health benefits.  Welcome!

Thanks, Jim! I live in San Antonio, and we have Trader Joes,Whole Foods,Central Market, etc. all those fantastic places! I myself own a spiralizer and I love zoodles, carrot noodles, beet noodles, all of them! They are great and so good. But nothing IS pasta lol Another favorite of ours is roasted spaghetti squash in place of noodles if you haven't had that one yet! I can tell you how to prepare it if you'd like. Thanks for welcoming me! :)

I'm going really well, the sugar cravings are lessening, I always find after dinner is the worst time for them I always crave something sweet and its hard to not even have a bit of fruit. My dreams have been intense and vivid, really insane stuff. Next week is going to be fairly hectic, we have so many things going on so I need to ensure I have food prepared, I will need a weeks worth of breakfast pre-made and I'll need grab and go lunches, I'm going to make a big sweet potato and pumpkin hash with sausage, something quick and easy to reheat daily.

Well i'm glad you're thinking ahead and getting prepped so we stay on the same page- lol! I prepped a bunch of foods a couple nights ago but i have a couple friends come over last night and they raided my fridge so now I'll be prepping again tonight. I have family coming in tonight for the weekend so it'll be interesting to see how I handle that and eating out, etc. but overall, still going strong, been having some headaches in the late afternoons/evenings. I think i'm still having caffeine withdrawals ( I'm not drinking coffee because it hurt my stomach badly every single time, and i used to drink A LOT of coffee every single day, so for me i needed to stop it so i could heal properly).

18 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

I'm going really well, the sugar cravings are lessening, I always find after dinner is the worst time for them I always crave something sweet and its hard to not even have a bit of fruit. My dreams have been intense and vivid, really insane stuff. Next week is going to be fairly hectic, we have so many things going on so I need to ensure I have food prepared, I will need a weeks worth of breakfast pre-made and I'll need grab and go lunches, I'm going to make a big sweet potato and pumpkin hash with sausage, something quick and easy to reheat daily.

Make sure you check the ingredients on the sausage if you're not making your own - I accidentally sabotaged my first shot at a whole 30 (last month) because the sausage I was eating almost every morning had added sugar and I hadn't thought to check sooner.   Weekend cook ups are a way of life for me now - but I'm kind of enjoying it all!  My roommate is amazed at how much cooking I am doing lol

jb

The dreams are killing me, I am remembering my dreams every night which I don't often do, and every night I am sabotaging my whole 30, EVERY night without fail, last night I ate a white bread sandwich, I didn't even eat bread before I started a whole 30, in fact nothing I've dreamt about has been food I would normally eat.

Jim4884 we have this amazing butcher close by and he makes all his sausages on the premises, most are completely grain free and compliant, they are all made from biodynamic or organically raised pasture fed meat, I get excited whenever I go to the butcher.

Archived