Leg cramps

NewStart2014

I woke up last. Ight with a painful cramp in my calf and to ought I'm suffering with bad cramps in my toes. I've tried everything to get rid of it but theres no help.

I'm just wondering if this means I'm lacking in something or if I'm not doing something right.

Can anyone suggest any thing?

My mom has had leg cramps since starting W30. You could be lacking sodium. Processed food has a ton of it so cutting those out can mean you need more. We use mostly sea salt because of the trace minerals, but you need iodine also. Check the labels on iodized salt because some have other junk in them. Lack of magnesium can also cause leg cramps. She started taking Now Ionic Trace Minerals and that seems to be helping. You can also put tiger balm, bio freeze or some other similar thing one your legs before bed. A bath with Epsom salts before bed can also help. I've done a lot of research on this because she was getting severe legs cramps every night. Lack of sleep is a killer when trying to get your body bad to a healthy state.

My mom has had leg cramps since starting W30. You could be lacking sodium. Processed food has a ton of it so cutting those out can mean you need more. We use mostly sea salt because of the trace minerals, but you need iodine also. Check the labels on iodized salt because some have other junk in them. Lack of magnesium can also cause leg cramps. She started taking Now Ionic Trace Minerals and that seems to be helping. You can also put tiger balm, bio freeze or some other similar thing one your legs before bed. A bath with Epsom salts before bed can also help. I've done a lot of research on this because she was getting severe legs cramps every night. Lack of sleep is a killer when trying to get your body bad to a healthy state.

Thanks for your post. I have noticed that I'm not eating that much salt since I've started. I mean the rubbish I was eating prior to W30 was laden with sodium, chips, crackers, hot chips etc. Now when I cook a meal the first thing my husband says always is, it needs salt. I will try to introduce more salt into my eating but also maybe get check out with the doctors to make sure it's not anything else. I am taking a Magnesium tablet in the morning and maybe I can start taking two a day and see if that helps any. Maybe the Epsom salts too as I'm over due for a long restful soak in the tub. :)

Thanks !

I suffer from leg cramps occasionally. A couple of weeks ago they were so painful I was up for an hour at least walking the floor to try to gt rid of it. Every time I stopped walking the leg would cramp up again. I called my MD and he ordered a blood test: potassium, magnesium, sodium, etc. Everything was A OK. His suggestion was, and I quote him:

For nighttime leg cramps you can try the following

Riding a stationary bicycle before bedtime

A hot shower or warm tub bath

Ice massage

Regular aquatic exercise for conditioning and stretching

Increased hydration

I don't have a stationary bike. I have increased my intake of water during the day. but the best thing IMO is a warm bath just before I go to bed. Hope some of this helps.

Archived