Day one starts Tomorrow - 7th Nov

Manon Delacroix Art

Hi guys!

I heard about you when I went to buy some barefoot shoes today and the woman selling said she was about to start this herself, so I thought i'd look it up and it sounds good!! I'm going to start tomorrow and i'm very excited!

I would love some tips for breakfast though as I'm at a loss as to what to eat? Any help? I also would love some tips for pre work out snacks too...

Thank you!!

M

hello Manon, and welcome :)

For breakfast i usually eat chicken and vegies, or chicken and salad. I'm not big on eggs, so don't really like them for breakfast. So i just opt for a considered "lunch" or "dinner" meal as my breakfast.

You can have leftovers, or i know a few people around here make sweet potato stacks (i'm sure they mix in some vegies, and some sort of protein, maybe a mince style beef, i can't remember) but if you go to the recipe section there are tons of good ideas in there.

Good Luck ;)

I like to sauté a big pile of fresh baby spinach with red onions, sometimes with whatever leftover veggies I have from last night's dinner, then either fry up a couple eggs to put on top, or make an omelet or quick pan frittata out if it. I usually slice half an avocado on top, sometimes a blob of tomatillo salsa. Sounds involved, but really it takes about 5 minutes, and quick cleanup.

I have also made the sweet potato fritters, SOOO good. But that one is a little more effort and cleanup, so it is a weekend breakfast for me.

As far as pre workout.... A couple of hard boiled or fried eggs and a spoon of almond butter, doesn't get any easier to digest and powers me through some intense workouts.... I don't known what type/ intensity of workout you do, but for me the real key is eating enough all day/ week and not " undereat". That way I always have energy and can do just about any activity/workout at a moments notice****. What a nice change from the way I used to be, now I'm satisfied,full of energy and getting shredded as a nice side effect instead of the goal. :)

My best overall tip would be to prep! I spend an hour or so after grocery shopping cutting up and bagging veggies so they're ready to use. I also do a diced mix of onion, zucchini, peppers, etc that I can very easily throw into a pan and scramble eggs into in the morning so I can have veggies without working too hard.

Archived