Day 25 Slump

Need some motivation! Day 25, and I know I'm almost there, but I'm just over it. I'm spending so much time planning, preparing, shopping and chopping. My mood has been poor the last couple days and I'm not sleeping well. Energy improved as compared to preW30 but worse than Week 2, when I seemed to peak. I know the point  is to improve my relationship with food but I'm headed the opposite direction and feeling somewhere between disinterested and resentful. Someone, talk me down off the ledge before I wash a grilled cheese down with a glass of wine!

• Moderators

Hi there, @Mama E, sorry you're feeling frustrated. Do know that this is pretty common close to the end of the 30 days. Just hang in there.

I would suggest making sure you're definitely eating enough, include at least one serving of starchy vegetable each day (try having it with your final meal of the day, some people find that helps them sleep), and be sure you're not skimping on the fats.

If you're over the cooking and chopping of vegetables, it might be good to find some meals that will be quicker to prep and cook. If your budget allows for it, splurge and buy pre-chopped vegetables. My store usually has a mix of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots that I like to buy when I'm feeling lazy -- I preheat the oven to about 425, toss the veggies with oil, salt, pepper, and maybe some garlic powder, and roast them on a baking sheet (stir/flip them about 10 minutes in, then let them cook til they're brown around the edges). For easy protein, grill burger patties or a steak or a salmon fillet, or even easier see if you can do find a compliant rotisserie chicken or make up a tuna salad from a can of tuna.

If you want any feedback on if there are ways to tweak the meals you've been eating to help, list a day or two of meals,  including approximate portion sizes and specific vegetables, how much water you're drinking, what kinds of workouts you're doing, if any, and what you're having for pre- and post-workout meals if you do work out.

Thank you for your input! Feeling better today, just kind of white knuckled it through yesterday evening lol. Apologized to the fam for my pathetic attitude as well hahah. Great suggestions for quicker meals and will definitely try the suggestion for starch at dinner, I'd been more often having starch earlier. Good reminder about the fat, too. I tend to underutilize because I have a long history of trying to limit fat in my diet to manage weight so fat feels taboo. Thank you again!

Archived