New to Whole30

Mom on a Mission

Hi everyone:), I am considering starting a new chapter in my journey "Mom on a Mission." Previous chapters contained many diets, failed diet plans and unstable commitments. For the past few months I have steadily been exercising more and feeling great about myself. However, eating and providing healthy choices for my kids have not been the best :(. I want to start a chapter that compliments my willingness to do better. I am very excited to start the Whole 30. ^_^

12 hours ago, Mom on a Mission said:

"Mom on a Mission."

I LOVE THIS!!! I trust you'll find Whole30 to give you the nutritional lifestyle change you're looking for. There's so much support here. Read everything you can find about Whole30, not just the recipes, but also learn the science and psychology about why it works. I'm happy for you!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mom on a Mission said:

Thank you. I have the books and I am reading as much as I can. However, I do have a question. Do I have to subscribe to the meal plans or could I use the cookbook and make my own plans. I just want to ensure I am using my resources correctly. 

You can definitely make your own plans. Some people like the meal planning apps, some do a weekly cookup, and others do whatever other options works for them. If you've already got a system, do that, adapting the recipes to work for you. If you're not used to cooking much, you may have to try a couple of different things to see what works best for you.

Thank you for your support and advice. I love  to cook and I love, love my slow cooker lololol. I will try to incorporate the meals into slow cook freezer meals. Once a month a few friends get together and prep meal for the entire month. I now have to incorporate better choices. 

Archived