Nut Pods

Kdog777

I've bought some things from Thrive and now I'm worried. I bought some of the nut pods that I assume are Whole30 compliant. But, now I'm reading more in the book and now worried those are not ok. I mean the items I purchased were under the Whole30 compliant ones but, again now worried. I also purchased the uncured bacon bits, pork lard, and a few other things. Are these ok? I don't want to ruin my program before I even start which is August 7th start date. Help??

• Moderators

You'll need to read the ingredients list on each product.  That's really the only way to know if a particular product is okay.  I think the people at Thrive are probably knowledgeable about Whole30 and probably the stuff you got will be okay, but when everything arrives, read all the ingredients, and if there's an ingredient you're not sure about, or if there's a product you feel is technically compliant but might be SWYPO, you can come back and ask about it.

Again, thank you! Sorry for the questions but, I start next week and really want to succeed. Two more quick ones??? 1. I can't seem to find a balsamic vinegar that doesn't say "contains sulfites" very frustrated as I love my balsamic. Can you recommend a brand that is compliant. I bought 2 from Thrive and they have sulfites!! :wub: 2. I've looked at my can't have list but, this one isn't listed. It's an ingredient in tapatio hot sauce called sodium benzoate, is this one ok? The other ingredients are all compliant.

• Moderators

All balsamic vinegar contains sulfites -- it happens in the winemaking process, I think, if I understand correctly, and then is still there when the wine gets turned into vinegar. For Whole30 purposes, what you can't have is sulfites that are added, which will be in the actual ingredients list. If it just says, contains sulfites, or naturally occurring sulfites, outside of the actual ingredient list, it's fine (although do watch for caramel color, which is added in some and is a sneaky way to get sugar in there). 

Sodium benzoate is okay.

You are amazing and thank you. Last question, I promise (for now, lol). I bought from thrive almond butter and it says "it may contain trace amounts of peanuts, tree nuts, and soy due to processing on shared equipment" is this ok?

Archived