Scared about reintroduction.

shelley417

I am scared to reintroduce. The Whole 30 made me feel so good. On the first day all day all day I thought about food. For the first time-- All day I was hungry. This was the first time in 45 days that I actually had a snack on between meals-- a grapefruit!! Which I never eat. Go figure.

The first day I added 1/2 glass red wine. Had my first hot flash in a long time and got up in the night. I kinda new wine was the culprit and I am a little sad to give it up. But it will no longer be a nightly ritual thats for sure!

Yesterday I had a half cup of Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey. It tasted terrific. I didn't seem to have any reaction to it. Not sure if I am going to have much dairy though. I think I prefer Paleo.

It's just easier to stay on the Program. I am declaring to eat clean until Thanksgiving. I made my homemade mayonnaise today and a fabulous apple butter. No sugar. Tastes amazing. I will mix it with some roasted squash and make soup for dinner tonight with a chicken salad and my mayonnaise. I am happy.

Oh-- and by the way-- I lost 7 lbs. but I now hate the scale and I am putting it back in the closet where I hid it doe the past 45 days. I feel good. I look good. And that scale makes me obsess about portions and what I "should " do if I want to lose that last 5 lbs. I prefer to just trust the Whole 30 and just eat until I am full. I can't believe that worked!

Good for you! Congrats on your success! I totally understand being afraid to reintroduce, but it is kind of nice to know what foods were the culprit...if any. Then of course, you can jump right back on the Whole9 wagon and make it your lifestyle. I know that I love it! I wish you the best as you continue on! :)

I see completely what you mean, but after two weeks of reintroductions, I am feeling more sure than ever about what to eat in the future. And most of it is close to Whole30.

Reintroduction has in general been a great experience. I have really learned what makes me feel good, what makes me feel bad, and what leaves me indifferent. I feel more sure than ever.

So try it!

I had the same exact feelings. I have reintroduced alcohol (wine and beer), dairy, and gluten. I learned something about how each of these foods affects me. I know that dairy has to be knock your socks off special for me to consume it. Wine also gave me hot flashes in the middle of the night, which had disappeared during my whole30. This taught me that a Saturday is not classified as a special occasion and that is what it needs to be to want a glass of wine and the resulting hot flashes. Gluten - I am still not sure about this one. What I noticed was being hungry again, even though I had eaten the same amount of food that I had during my whole30. All of this helps me to know how and when I want to offroad.

Congrats again on your 45!

Even before I started the Whole 30 I was low-carb and gluten free based on a medical diet that my husband was prescribed. By combing numerous blogs to get low carb recipes I stumbled upon Paleo and eliminated dairy and ultimately came to places where people were describing the Whole 30. So, I already was feeling better by eliminating gluten and dairy. I probably will never introduce gluten. I may "Paleo -fy some desserts with almond or coconut flour and or make some breakfast pancakes. My husband likes those and he misses them.

I just think I will keep the dairy and wine for special occasions. We don't mix milk and meat in our home anyway. It's the preservatives that I have been made most aware of. No more almond milk or store bought mayo or ice cream. All home made Now. I check labels for everything.

Such an interesting adventure! I may even try Crossfit. Just started at my gym. But I'm scared that they will roll their eyes at an old out of shape woman.

Archived