Kellywhole30

Kellywhole30

I am new to Whole30. I have planned to do this for quite some time and finally am biting the bullet. I have been struggling with dairy and wheat for awhile and this seems to check all my boxes. As I was sharing this with my sister, my 10 year old grandson asked if he could do it too? I was pleasantly surprised as we have eliminated dairy from his diet. He has been having belly issues for awhile and after some thought, figured we would cut dairy out of his diet and lo and behold, his belly aches have gone away. I am wondering, has anyone tried to do this with younger children? My grandson lives with me so I could easily incorporate his meals also but is there any reason why a 10 year old should not do this? Honestly, I can't think of any but wanted to see if I am missing something? Thanks for any input. We plan to start tomorrow August 21 on Solar Eclipse Day.   Sid will be packing his school lunches and wanting to make sure we do it right. If any of you have some fun things that we could put in his lunches, we are open for suggestions. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Kellywhole30 said:

I am new to Whole30. I have planned to do this for quite some time and finally am biting the bullet. I have been struggling with dairy and wheat for awhile and this seems to check all my boxes. As I was sharing this with my sister, my 10 year old grandson asked if he could do it too? I was pleasantly surprised as we have eliminated dairy from his diet. He has been having belly issues for awhile and after some thought, figured we would cut dairy out of his diet and lo and behold, his belly aches have gone away. I am wondering, has anyone tried to do this with younger children? My grandson lives with me so I could easily incorporate his meals also but is there any reason why a 10 year old should not do this? Honestly, I can't think of any but wanted to see if I am missing something? Thanks for any input. We plan to start tomorrow August 21 on Solar Eclipse Day.   Sid will be packing his school lunches and wanting to make sure we do it right. If any of you have some fun things that we could put in his lunches, we are open for suggestions. 

Hey there - There's an entire forum category dedicated to doing Whole30 with kids... I'm moving your post there so hopefully you'll get some responses, but feel free to look through that category and see what you can find. 

Hey Kelly, My wife and I are on day 9 of our first Whole30.  We are a family of 7 including my dad who lives with us.  Our kids ages are 18, 15, 10 and 8.  We've asked them to participate in the Whole30 with us so we don't have to prepare two separate meals each time we eat.  So far they are doing great.  We don't exactly hold them to the same standards that we hold ourselves to.  For example, we'll let the kids have a glass of 100% fruit juice or compliant almond milk with a meal.  We also have some healthy snacks such as pumpkin seeds and almonds available for them.  When planning our menu we try to keep them in mind and exclude menu items that we know they will definitely not want to eat, such as Brussel sprouts.  We also encourage them to help with the meal prep which they really enjoy.  We also ask that they try everything we prepare before asking for an alternative.  As for school lunches, we found some sugar free ham.  We'll pack a few slices of ham with some applesauce and maybe some celery with almond butter.  As this is our first experience with Whole30, we're still learning a lot.  Every day is an adventure.  I hope this helps.

Archived