i woke up my sugar dragon :(

Rara1982

so im a few days out of my first whole30 and decided to try a bite of my boyfriends icecream stick last night... the dairy made my tummy gurgly so dairy is definitely staying off the list...

HOWEVER this morning i received a parcel that had a bag of gummy snakes (you probably have no idea what those are in america as i can never find them but they're like snake jellybabies??) and i ate a handful of them. WOW. splitting headache all day and now, post dinner, im scouring the house for anything sugary. two larabars found in the bottom of my handbag were devoured in seconds!

will i never be able to have sugar again? i cant believe how overwhelming the sugar cravings are!! i didnt really struggle giving up the sugar during the whole30 but now i want it and want it bad :(

OK, you know what to do Step Away From The Sugar Give yourself a few clean days to quiet that dragon. Then ask yourself Is a gummy snake really worth it? Yes we have them in the UK so I know what they are (practiacally pure sugar and chemicals ) :)

Also when did you eat them. I discovered years ago that I do not handle sugar well on it's own. Eating sweets or having a piece of cake with a coffee would give me a thumping headache, make me feel really shaky and, ironically, crave more sugar. None of these things happened if I was sensible and had it after a meal. If I had a good solid meal with protein and fat, not too heavy on the carbs then I could get away with a small dessert without any ill consequences. The meal seemed to sort of soak it up and I didn't get the sugar rush.

Once you're solidly back on track, that may be worth trying but I think really the most important thing is just to keep asking 'Is it worth it?'

Some people have to be very careful about sugar. I even have to be careful with fruit. My body reacts to one bite and next thing ya know, I could eat the entire house! Haha! It causes serious cravings for me, so I stay away from it. I know that after doing at least 3 Whole30s...pretty much back to back, I'm able to have fruit once in awhile and only if I'm eating a significant amount of protein and fat with it. I'm figuring myself out, and you need to do the same to see what works best for your body. Best wishes!! :)

Archived