Vegan newbie

Susan P

Hello group.  I am 61 years old, a lifetime vegetarian, and vegan the past 8 years.  I have been exhausted for quite a while,  and stress eat.  My work dining has chips which have been my "go to".  I am starting day 2.  I thought I was good yesterday, but found I felt very hungry.  I had roasted yams and potatoes with avocado and salsa for breakfast,  a peach, then had experimented and made a batch of grain free non sweetened "granola".  I ate that late morning.  I made a salad with avocado,  seeds, and pecans, with a think vinegrett for lunch, and a spoonful of sunbutter.  Dinner I cooked zucchini noodles, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes with diced tomato and peppers.  I am committed to staying vegan.  Any ideas on protein?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Susan P said:

Hello group.  I am 61 years old, a lifetime vegetarian, and vegan the past 8 years.  I have been exhausted for quite a while,  and stress eat.  My work dining has chips which have been my "go to".  I am starting day 2.  I thought I was good yesterday, but found I felt very hungry.  I had roasted yams and potatoes with avocado and salsa for breakfast,  a peach, then had experimented and made a batch of grain free non sweetened "granola".  I ate that late morning.  I made a salad with avocado,  seeds, and pecans, with a think vinegrett for lunch, and a spoonful of sunbutter.  Dinner I cooked zucchini noodles, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes with diced tomato and peppers.  I am committed to staying vegan.  Any ideas on protein?

Welcome!  Have you tried looking around the site for some information?  I just put the terms 'Vegan Whole30' into Google and got a page of results starting with the article written by the founders about doing a Vegan/Vegetarian Whole30, the Vegan/veg shopping list and some top blogs with Vegan Whole30 recipes.

3 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Welcome!  Have you tried looking around the site for some information?  I just put the terms 'Vegan Whole30' into Google and got a page of results starting with the article written by the founders about doing a Vegan/Vegetarian Whole30, the Vegan/veg shopping list and some top blogs with Vegan Whole30 recipes.

Thank you.  I did see I can have some lentils and bean.  I try to avoid soy.  I will give me it my best.  Day 2

Archived