No energy-Day 24

AmandaG11

Hi-I'm on R1D24 and I'm just not feeling it.   I started W30 to break a nasty coke zero habit and as a reset from some summer indulgence off my usual paleoish lifestyle.  The first week or two I was more tired than usual, but no terrible detox symptoms.   The problem is that my energy just won't come back up....I keep waiting to just feel good.  But it's just not happening.   I'm SOOOOO tired, am passing out at 9:30 and dragging through the day.  I feel pregnant...and I'm definitely NOT!  ha!  Background:  I'm 38, mother of 3 littles, 5'9 and started out at around 130lb.  Here is a sample of my meals:  

Breakfast:  sweet potato hash with kale, bacon and 1-2 fried eggs on top (fried in coconut oil); coffee with almond/coconut creamer

Lunch: leftover chili (beef, bacon) over sweet potato and cauliflower rice and an apple

Dinner: salmon, green beans and homemade plantain chips dipped in lots of guac

Snack: sometimes a larabar or homemade trial mix somewhere in the day if a meal gets put off due to kiddos activities

Drink water or La Croix and another cold brew coffee occasionally 

I will admit that an average of 2 days a week, breakfast has been a Larabar due to running out the door.  I know these days that I might not be getting enough fat and calories.   I've definitely dropped a few pounds (haven't weighed but pants are looser and had some rough stomach troubles days 18-20 that I think contributed). 

What am I doing wrong?    

How do your meals relate to the template?  Are you getting at least a palm size piece of protein?  1-2 eggs at breakfast is probably not enough protein, eggs when they are the sole protein are recommended to be at least as many as you can hold in one hand.  If you don't want more eggs, add a few bites of some other protein.

I would try upping the fat a little bit, that makes a big difference to me.

55 minutes ago, slc_melissa said:

I feel like I'm doing a pretty good job with the template although I will admit that I do not always measure out the fat and sometimes count fat that I cook in.  There are two pieces of bacon in the hash so I usually count that as additional protein.  I will try to do a better job of adding fat over the next few days and see if that helps :)  Thanks!

I'd ditch the Larabars. That much sugar in the morning, with no protein is bound to cause low energy. I've had a few of those "rushing out the door without breakfast" mornings, and I find it helps to have some breakfast prepped and packed the night before. While the general guidance is to eat within one hour of waking, it's not always possible, so take it on the go with you. Egg casseroles loaded with veggies are easy and portable.

Archived