Stomach Pains?!

k-leighm

So its only day 2 and for some reason I've been getting stomach pains and nausea for two days including today. It usually happens right after I eat though..... Is this normal? :unsure: I'm a little worried and I would love to hear that this straightens itself out.

• Moderators

There are several possibilities I can think of.

If eating the amount of protein and fat recommended with the Whole30 is a notable increase for you, your gut may not be prepared to digest it. Many people find that taking a digestive enzyme such as Now Foods Super Enzymes helps while their bodies adjust to digesting fat and protein.

If you are not used to eating a lot of vegetables or you are eating different vegetables than you are accustomed to, your body may be struggling with it. I don't think digestive enzymes do much with veggies, but it is important if you are sensitive to make sure your veggies are well cooked. Raw veggies are harder to digest.

Having said that, does it matter whether the meal you are eating is large or small? Does it matter which meal or what you are eating at that meal? Have you ever had this experience before with how you were eating before?

Thanks for your insights... I do know that I am getting really hungry, so I might be overeating which could be affecting my tummy. I'm feeling better today though. Its just kinda hard for me to not eat so much because I feel like I'm hungry all the time! I'm working on drinking a lot more water, hopefully that won't make me as hungry. :)

Archived