It's only day 2 and I feel horrible....

Missleah134

Hey! I am on Day 2 of my whole30 journey and last night around dinner time I had a horrible headache (reassured myself it's because I am having withdrawals). I ended up becoming nausea and not eating too much dinner. I was afraid I would throw up again. I did however, keep that food down and had a decent night of sleep.

Now, I woke up this morning and had to force my breakfast down my throat. Scrambled eggs (which I have always loved) but had to choke them down. :wacko: Now it's almost time for my lunch break and I am sick to my stomach again. IS THIS NORMAL? Is my body trying to play tricks on me to go back to those old, horrible habits? I just want to make sure that these are symptoms of the withdrawal stage.

Help please. Thanks!

Hey! I am on Day 2 of my whole30 journey and last night around dinner time I had a horrible headache (reassured myself it's because I am having withdrawals). I ended up becoming nausea and not eating too much dinner. I was afraid I would throw up again. I did however, keep that food down and had a decent night of sleep.

Now, I woke up this morning and had to force my breakfast down my throat. Scrambled eggs (which I have always loved) but had to choke them down. :wacko: Now it's almost time for my lunch break and I am sick to my stomach again. IS THIS NORMAL? Is my body trying to play tricks on me to go back to those old, horrible habits? I just want to make sure that these are symptoms of the withdrawal stage.

Help please. Thanks!

It will get better.

Everyone responds differently; and it depends what your diet was like before you started.

Try to have some hot tea with lemon, and water as others are suggesting. Also; berries and cantelope.

I ate more fruit my first week so the sugar cravings wouldn't be so bad...this made it much easier this time around. Try watermelon, or cantelope...

Hang in there.

I had a very similar experience when I first started; it was the worst at breakfast. Food I adored in the past felt like an enemy! It definitely gets better!

As Alana recommended, bone broth is great! Once I added that before breakfast, it really helped! I also sipped some as I prepped dinner. I make some every week.

Archived