No support at work

Day 2 of my whole 30. I have done the program before but it's been a few years. I am a dispatcher at a police department and have been for a little over a year. Freshman 15 is real here in dispatch. Except for me it has been the freshman 30. The amount of food in here is horrendous. And sitting all day doesn't help. We're all super close in here.. like family. So I share my plans for whole 30 and i get a lot of negative comments. And let's not forget the giant bag of candy and box of donuts sitting next to me right now. Snack central! Theres always food in here. I know I've barely started whole 30.. But I'm already feeling so so tempted to stuff my face with a donut. For me it's a way to cope with the stress I deal with in this line of work. Im feeling very discouraged already! Help! 

I've found that friends, family, coworkers like that are more likely voicing their own inability to commit to something as daring as what you're taking on.  If they can't do it, why should you be able to?  Show them different!  And maybe even drag them up with you!

Some suggestions:

-Make a list of some of the reasons that you're doing the Whole 30.  (Digital, on paper, in your head.)  Consult the list when approached with donuts or whatever.  

-Come up with a new stress-dealing method.  Something like a cup of tea?  Still interactive, still has that oral component, but a better choice.

-Since you have done a Whole30 in the past and are repeating it, presumably you received benefits from the program.  If you want to go into it with people, you can mention that you did this program before and want to regain how amazing you felt, slept, worked, etc and want to be your best you.

-It's kind of cheesy, but depending on the setup of your dispatching office, move the food out of your line of sight by either moving it physically or erecting a visual barrier.

Whenever I do a Whole30, the same thing happens. I have to remind myself that all the "goodies" coming into the office are not special. There will be donuts & candy again after my 30 days are over, they're always the same donuts & candy too. ;)  Like other posters have suggested, focus on your why. You're choosing to follow this plan for 30 days. You can do it!

Archived