Accidental fructose and dextrose intake from a pill!

*KG

I am on day 17 of the Whole30 and  I accidentally had a small probiotic pill with fructose and dectrose!! Do I have to begin all over again?!! I am intending to do this for 40 days, anyway, but still. I can't believe that happened. I should have spit it out but didn't realize until it was too late. This is awful; I was trying to be so scrupulous.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, *KG said:

I am on day 17 of the Whole30 and  I accidentally had a small probiotic pill with fructose and dectrose!! Do I have to begin all over again?!! I am intending to do this for 40 days, anyway, but still. I can't believe that happened. I should have spit it out but didn't realize until it was too late. This is awful; I was trying to be so scrupulous.

Carry on

• Moderators
1 hour ago, *KG said:

I don't have to start over?

The recommendation would be to start over but I don't think you took the pill to get the sugar rush from the coating and I don't think it's going to send you into a sugar binging spiral, however, it's totally up to you... read the article linked in my signature below called 'Do I really have to start over' and decide :)

Oh boy, it advocates to do it but toward the end of the article, it suggests that it might not be necessary. I'm just gonna plug on, then.I committed to doing 40 days and am on day 18 today, so I still have 22 left. Maybe that's good enough?

I worry, too, about Wednesday nights when I go to my Paleo friends, who once were on the Whole30, because they had olives there last time from Loblaws but I'm thinking they must have sulphites if they're from the olive bar and I was eating them like nuts!

Archived