I have recognized that I do not stick to my plan when I do it for me, sooo

Bethie Annie

I'm not sure why, but it was never enough motivation to keep me on track when I did it for me. So I've decided to change my plan to expressing my thanks to my creator by respecting what I was given. 30 Days is not a huge sacrifice in the grand scheme of things. Many people sacrifice so much more, our servicemen and women for example. Instead of looking at the Whole30 as denying myself of sugar, wine, bread, etc so that I can look better, feel better. I plan to look at this as a Thank you card to God that is delivered at the end of each day that I successfully complete. At the end of 30 days I will receive the gift of health and a deep sense that I honored and expressed thanks for what I was given 53 years ago :),

That is a great way to think of the process of healing and health. Your perspective is inspiring. We easily forget that our bodies are not just for our use - they are for His. And if we are burdened by illness and disease, we aren't as useful to His purpose for us. I commend you on your goal and I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you, I don't know what brought it to mind but I knew it would be a great motivator for me. I am starting on January 2nd and hope to post daily. Looking forward to hitting the "I did it" button each day too!

I'm a little nervous because I seem to be devouring everything in sight (which I don't usually do) and I'm slacking on my workouts. Not sure what crazy Psyche I have going, maybe just the holiday craziness. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Day 1 and 2...a breeze ...until

"I didn't sleep at all last night, tossing and turning all night" then I saw my Whole 30 Daily warning me that today was going to be a rough day and decided not to read it this morning.

So this is how it goes..

Uggh.. It's my first Friday, and only day 3 into it. So far I've had an offer for dinner at the in-laws.. which I turned down flat (that was day 1). On Day 2 I am invited to a "post holiday happy hour" commencing after work on Day 3. I thoroughly enjoy these get together s :( Nooo! is this the way it's going to be all month? I thought January, being a month of hibernation here in the North, would be the perfect month for my Whole 30.

Sipping my bone broth and pondering whether I trust myself to go to this event., I turn to the Whole 30 forum for some inspiring words and encouragement. I am sooo afraid! In my previous life (3 days ago) I drank red wine every day. I'm like Pavlov's dog...I start cooking then start whining for wine. If there is a fun event..I'm there ...yep, you guessed it, drinking red wine. Should I go, so soon, to the happy hour? Should I trust myself to have H20 with Lemon and pass up all the bad appetizers? Help ! Need some back up and encouragement asap!

Since I'm new to this....I didn't realize I was supposed to just keep posting on my own topic, therefore I've been all over the place. Sorry friends. I also read that I should be posting my daily food log, if only to get feedback from moderators who will recognize any screw ups. So here is the last 3 days (I've been keeping track on my phone notes)

Jan. 2, 2013:

6:30am black coffee

7:00am Beef bone broth (pre workout-TapOut upper body strike force)

9:45am Not feeling great a little nauseous but had grilled chicken(palm size), 1/2 avocado (couldn't chock down a vegetable too)

1:00pm Lunch-palm sized piece of leftover tenderloin from New Years Eve, broccoli & Brussels sprouts

6:00 pm 1/2 c canned tuna fish (mixed with a paleo mustard vinaigrette dressing instead of mayo) 1/2 tomato, cooked spinach, 3" piece of hearts of palm

Not sure if the nausea was from the bone broth first thing in the a.m. or what. Therefore no cravings or over eating today

January 3rd 2013-Day 2 7-3 work day so this day starts early

5:00 am: black coffee (not having bone broth pre-workout- a little scared of it)

5:30am workout 20min of crossfit type workout

6:00am Paleo Egg Spinach muffins (own recipe-It does have Applewood Farms-uncured, organic, grassfed- Bacon in it though)

11:45 lunch Paleo Chicken tortilla soup, salad with mustard vinaigrette dressing

5:00pm starving!! Headache!! 2 Buffalo Chicken Wing Balls ( http://paleomg.com/buffalo-chicken-mini-meatloaf/recipe )-made into quick easily defrosted balls), palm sized frozen green beans (a snack, I guess, because I couldn't have dinner until 7:30 pm-appointments til 7:00pm

7:30pm Dinner- Moroccan Grilled Salmon (http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2010/05/06/moroccan-grilled-salmon/) , 1/2 large baked Sweet Potato (sliced like fries), snap peas (roasted in olive oil, pepper and salt

January 4, 2013 -Day 3 (work 7-3)

5:30 a.m.- 1 cup Bone broth, green beans, palm sized piece of tenderloin

12:00 salad with mustard vinaigrette dressing, chocolate chili (http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/)

black coffee to get me through the rest of the day..tired!

3:30 pm A few almonds (from my emergency car stash) on my way to the dreaded "happy hour"

6:00 pm Chicken breast (probably 2 palms-hungry!)with cayenne,salt & pepper seasoning-grilled, Homemade guacamole (mashed avocado onion, lemon juice, salt pepper, red pepper) and pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, jalepeno, onion, salt, pepper, lime juice) 1/2 sweet potato baked (fries style)

January 5th - Day 4

7:30 a.m. 2 c black coffee

8:30 a.am 1 c bone broth, tunafish (mustard vinaigrette instead of mayo), homemade pico de gallo, spinach w/1 tsp ghee &salt

1.30pm lunch salad with ground chicken & franks red hot as protein, added fresh jalapenos black olives, leftover guacamole & pico, olive oil and vinegar dressing

7:00pm Dinner: Shrimp in DelMonte spicy tomatoes with jalepenos, Side dish of asparagus, mushrooms, shallots, hearts of palm sauteed in coconut oil & Ghee

January 6th -Day 5

7:30 Oil Pulling (http://naturalsociety.com/oil-pulling-benefits-what-is-oil-pulling-anyway/) with Coconut oil for it's anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties

7:45am aaahh Black coffee

8:30 Beef Bone Broth

10:30 a.m. scrambled eggs mixed with leftover asparagus/mushroom mix, 3 slices Applewood Uncured, organic bacon

1:00pm grilled chicken breast left overs with Spicy Squash soup

6:00pm grilled chuck roast, salad with mustard vinaigrette dressing, roasted jalapenos with Chorizo, cauliflower rice stuffing

and Black coffee to stave off the sugar cravings

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived