Gluten Contamination??

Dorian

I just cooked a large batch of meat sauce that is fully whole 30 compliant.

Before I ate with my wife she fed our baby son the same sauce except they had it with pasta.

When our son had finished eating there was some sauce left over and no pasta, this equated to about 2-3 tbsp of sauce.

So being resourceful she dumped it back in the original cooking pot that we then ate from.

My question is this: There was no pasta or pieces of pasta put back in the pot but the sauce put back in the pot had been touching the pasta in the bowl. 

Does this count as gluten contamination?

Thanks 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Dorian said:

I just cooked a large batch of meat sauce that is fully whole 30 compliant.

Before I ate with my wife she fed our baby son the same sauce except they had it with pasta.

When our son had finished eating there was some sauce left over and no pasta, this equated to about 2-3 tbsp of sauce.

So being resourceful she dumped it back in the original cooking pot that we then ate from.

My question is this: There was no pasta or pieces of pasta put back in the pot but the sauce put back in the pot had been touching the pasta in the bowl. 

Does this count as gluten contamination?

Thanks 

No, this is fine, carry on.

My understanding is that, yes, that is considered cross-contamination.  How much it would affect someone with Celiac or NCGS would depend on an individual's sensitivity.  Cross-contamination can even occur thru the air with no direct food contact.

However, as for W30, I wouldn't think you'd need to start over.

Archived