No cook Whole 30!

I realize this goes against the whole mindset of the whole 30, but I'm looking for ideas for no cook whole 30 meals and snacks. I've already done a proper whole 30 twice. In an effort to save money, I now live in a 30' travel trailer with very limited space for storing and cooking food, as well as dishes. So looking for premade or prepackaged ideas such as chicken sausage with single serve guacamole. Thank you!

40 minutes ago, Jackie Haldorson said:

I realize this goes against the whole mindset of the whole 30, but I'm looking for ideas for no cook whole 30 meals and snacks. I've already done a proper whole 30 twice. In an effort to save money, I now live in a 30' travel trailer with very limited space for storing and cooking food, as well as dishes. So looking for premade or prepackaged ideas such as chicken sausage with single serve guacamole. Thank you!

Tuna pouches, lunch meat (plainville farms makes a compliant turkey). I think you can also buy hard boiled eggs in a package.

>In an effort to save money
>looking for premade or prepackaged ideas such as chicken sausage with single serve guacamole

Unfortunately the remade/packaged/smaller portion stuff is always going to be more expensive per serving.  In the long run, this strategy may be a case of "penny wise, pound foolish".

You might benefit from an electric skillet?  There are a lot of "one pot" recipes that would work well.  Being in Oregon this time of year, can you keep veggies outside, maybe in a cooler, as kind of a "root cellar"?

On 12/2/2017 at 2:45 PM, kirkor said:

Unfortunately the remade/packaged/smaller portion stuff is always going to be more expensive per serving.  In the long run, this strategy may be a case of "penny wise, pound foolish".

Agreed, on the above point. Have you thought about investing in a crockpot or instapot? They take up very little room, and you can literally cook anything in them. 

Hi Jackie, I currently live in a 28ft travel trailer and have a tiny fridge. I still do meal prep and have limited dishes to work with as well. I don't own a crockpot or Instapot as of now, but I typically only meal prep the next day. I'll Roast a pan of veggies for dinner and then have left over for breakfast and lunch the next day whatever protein I have at dinner I use for lunch the next day. I have eggs on hand always so when I am in a time crunch I make veggies and have eggs with the veggies. It's doable, but not as easy as having a full size fridge and storage space for your pots and pans. My fridge is always jam packed and I tend to store things in baggies instead of containers as they take up less space. 

Hope this helps a little!

Archived