Jager07

Ohh nooo.... hot flashes are the worst. Sorry to hear about that. I will be thinking of you today:wub:...mammograms aren’t the most fun thing in the world, are they? But good for you for going. Sending positive thoughts your way today.:)

I’ve come to the point that I dont want to wash, chop, prep much of anything. I’m getting lazier as the days go on, not more enthusiastic, towards my food prep. Throw it an a pan and call it good. That’s my motto this week.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the happy thoughts.  The boobographer was super nice and it wasn't that bad.  Glad that the whole thing is over pretty quickly.

I hear you on the prep stuff and that's a good motto.   The one pan or sheet pan thing is becoming my go-to.

i totally understand how much a part of your family a dog can be.  This is my boy, Sioux.  He's the most comforting, affectionate, attentive dog I've ever known.  We almost lost him last year and I was beyond devastated at the thought.  He's a mama's boy for sure and I'm totally okay with that.

OHHHHHH!!!!! So cute!!!!!!! LOVE HIM already!!!:wub::wub:  Look at those eyes. Simply so beautiful, warm and kind. How old is he?? Ok, so you totally get my love of dogs. Aren't we lucky to have them in our lives?? I bet Sioux is spoiled rotten!

So glad to hear things went well today. Yea!! Such a relief to know that all is well .Good job going. It's very important.:)

Yep, I totally get it with dogs.  We didn't have children, but our family feels complete with our 4 legged "kids."  He's 5 and we've had him since he was 11 weeks old.  His name comes from me being Native American and my love of Johnny Cash.  Yeah, I introduce him as "a boy named Sioux."  We also have a Schnauzer/Chihuahua rescue named Cotton that we got the day before she was to be euthanized and a mini Schnauzer/Yorkie named Simon that I found wandering the streets without tags.

For sure, every woman should stay up to date with mammograms.  I have at least 4 friends who have had breast cancer with zero family history of it.  Ten minutes of discomfort could be crucial to early detection.

Day 9 is won and done.

Man, am I pooped.  My stomach was pretty uncomfortable most of the day, too.  Not sure if it's lack of sleep or what, but I took peppermint and that seemed to help.  It's a capsule from Nature's Way that you can open and drop the little balls into tea or water.  It has no sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, soy, corn, dairy or artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. Just pepperminty goodness.

Here's the rest of the day:

B:  chicken and spinach sausage with sauerkraut, cauliflower and broccoli, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  beef taco salad boats with guacamole, fresh green beans.

D:  spring mix with salad shrimp and red bell peppers topped with ranch.

Hope everyone has a great night and a terrific start tomorrow!

CaveMom, the recommended fiber for women until age 50 is 25 grams, 51+ is 21 grams.  I always thought I got enough until I showed my food log to a dietitian/diabetes counselor a few months ago.  Not only did she suggest adding more fiber, but had me do a FODMAP elimination for IBS issues.  I now explain W30 as a way to help my digestion and avoid diabetes. 

Green beans have 4g per cup, brussels sprouts have 4g per cup, Wholly Guacamole has 1g per tablespoon, frozen broccoli/cauliflower has 2g per 3/4 cup, marinated artichoke hearts have 1g per piece, a medium red bell pepper has 2.5g.  Raspberries have about 8g per cup and an apple has about 4g, but I don't have either of them very often.

My positive thought to start the day:

Rules of Life:

• Make peace with your past so it won't disturb your future.
  • The only person in charge of your happiness is you.
  • Don't compare your life to others.  Comparison is the thief of joy.
  • Stop thinking so much.  It's okay not to know all the answers.
  • Smile.  You don't own all the problems in the world.

I wish I could live by all your rules, Jager07. I'm struggling with all of them, except the last one, right now. That's what brought me here in the first place, I figure I'll work on the second rule and then hope the rest open up along the way.:)

This is exactly where you belong, MimiHI.  I think the first 4 are an ongoing struggle for most of us and being conscious to redirect the negative thoughts is good medicine.  Smiling is always a good start and I have a feeling you do a lot of that.  :)

@Jager07 your rules for life are great! Hoping this W30 is just the beginning of living to the fullest and tackling some of my "joy robbers." I really enjoy your posts! Very helpful insights and great recipes. And it's especially nice to see we love fur babies. I have a border collie who's almost 6 yrs old named Twain, a rescue who is part king Charles spaniel named Susie, a brand new member of the family is a yorkie given to my son from a friend and his name is Oliver. We also have a cat named daisy who showed up one day and now she's ours haha. She's inside/outside cat and loves to leave me gifts of small dead rodents by my front door yuck!

7 hours ago, MimiHi said:

I wish I could live by all your rules, Jager07. I'm struggling with all of them, except the last one, right now. That's what brought me here in the first place, I figure I'll work on the second rule and then hope the rest open up along the way.:)

@MimiHi I believe if we give our bodies what they need our lives will improve physically, mentally, and emotionally. So I'm with you...we work on the 2nd and the rest will come. I am loving all the support here! I hope you conquered today!

I think it's amazing how much eating well, and thoughtfully, inspires our outlook towards the other areas in our lives. This really is an eye opening 30 days, and even though there's been moments where I pondered quitting, I'm really glad that I'm here and we're all here doing well and looking at these days with such gratitude. :)

1 hour ago, micah_erin76 said:

I have a border collie who's almost 6 yrs old named Twain, a rescue who is part king Charles spaniel named Susie, a brand new member of the family is a yorkie given to my son from a friend and his name is Oliver. We also have a cat named daisy who showed up one day and now she's ours haha. 

I LOVE this!  

Day 10 is won and done.

Got better sleep last night and wow, does that make a difference.  It makes me feel like organizing stuff...today part of my closet.  Cleaning out my closet is an ongoing thing because I find myself wanting to hang on to clothes that "might fit again."  Whole30 makes me much more decisive and just say nope, it doesn't fit now and I'm not in love with it enough to keep it.  A bunch of clothes got added to the Goodwill/garage sale pile today.

I tried a new recipe that's in the W30 Cookbook at it rocked righteous.  It took a bit more time in the kitchen - maybe an hour start to finish - but it was soooo worth it.

Here's the day:

B:  beef taco lettuce boats, green beans, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  chicken saute (with artichoke hearts and garlic) over broccoli and cauliflower, black olives.

D:  turkey curry meatballs with roasted vegetables and lemongrass cream sauce:  https://www.thesocial.ca/Food/Recipes/Tasty-recipes-from-the-Whole30-Cookbook (it's the 4th recipe down in the link).  For vegetables, I used cauliflower, asparagus and red potatoes.  Just a note that doubling the cream sauce is a good idea so you have some for the leftovers. I actually doubled the entire recipe.  This one got a 10/10 and my husband, who isn't a cauliflower fan, is now in love with it roasted in coconut oil. 

Fiber count:  21

Ha!! That is really funny, Jager07!! So true, and what a great way to think of the push and pull of taking steps forward! You're on a roll with all your inspirational quotes and rules!

Micah--Love hearing about all your pets. Obviously, we're pet lovers around here!

Day 11 is won and done.

Every other Thursday I go with my husband, Stephen, on his sales route.  We travel about an hour North and go to a small town with a butcher shop that has compliant chicken sausage sticks.  Today when we were there, I asked the shop owner about a dog that was wandering around outside.  He said she had shown up this morning and he didn't know who she belonged to.  No collar or tags.  It's 40 degrees here and getting colder.  Long story short, we took her to the police department, who scanned her for a chip - none, said they thought she's probably a farm dog, that people in that sad little town never call about lost dogs, and that if we took her to their county's animal shelter she'd be euthanized within 72 hours if she wasn't adopted.  Just no.  Sooooo....for the next 3 days, we have a 45 pound blue heeler mix.  After that we can take her to our county's shelter which has a no kill policy.  It's quite the dance when we've had an extra unexpected fur baby before so it will be fine.  She's an absolute love and very affectionate.  We're asking our friends if they know someone who wants her.  She will make some family very happy.  Until then we're just loving having her with us.

Here's how the rest of the day went:

B:  beef taco meat on jicama tortillas, celery, coffee with coconut oil.

L:   beef sausage, spring mix with red bell peppers and ranch.

D:  leftover turkey curry meatballs with lemongrass cream sauce, roasted kale, celery.

Fiber:  22

I wish we could keep her too, but 4 dogs would be crazy.  She's super mellow, but all 9 pounds of Simon somehow make him think he's a Great Dane and he growls at her; Cotton's not a fan and Sioux (the reactive one) is scared.  I've kept them separated from her so we don't have a forced introduction with bad consequences.  That's been a bit of a feat.  :P  She loves being around people and is very playful, happy and healthy.  She also seems to never have been in a crate before.  After maneuvering her into one last night, she howled and cried.  She ended sleeping in our bedroom.  Ha!

I was looking online and she looks a lot like a brown eyed catahoula/white heeler mix.

Archived