Jager07

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Me, too. My whole house stinks like a hound dog. Constantly a layer of dog hair all over the house and the car. And my bed.

She sounds so wonderful and sweet. I laughed when I read she cried to get out of her kennel and ended up in your room! That's such a classic dog move, and is exactly what would happen at my house too! 

Do you think her owner will come forward at all? It seems crazy that such a sweet dog would be abandoned. I just can't imagine how people can do that.

@micah_erin76 It was a great day!  Yay for our houses being a safe place for fur babies!   

@MimiHi No, I don't think the owner will call about her.  Sadly, some of these small towns just don't care if their dog runs away.  The police officer we talked to said she takes at least one pit bull a day to the shelter from that town.  It's heartbreaking, but hopefully this girl can find a nice home.

Day 12 is won and done.

I've found myself in another bliss filled food zone, meaning I'm happy eating the same thing at least twice a day.  Right now it's taco meat in lettuce boats or on jicama tortillas.  On the days when my stomach's kind of upset, taco meat makes it feel better.  On the days when it's not upset, taco meat makes it feel better.  haha!  I get a lot of my spices from Penzeys, which I used to go to when I lived in Wisconsin.  Thankfully I can now get the ones I want from them online.  For my taco meat I use their fajita seasoning and it's fabulous.

Here's the day:

B:  beef taco meat on jicama tortillas with guac.

L:  chicken and spinach sausage with sauerkraut and mustard, fresh green beans, black olives.

D;  beef taco meat with red peppers on lettuce with guac.

Fiber:  21

Hahaha!  Yes she did!  Great news, too.  The sweet girl got a new home tonight.  She went to a friend's house to be her 13 year old brother's dog.  He was soooo excited when they came to get her and he named her Hyper.  They fell in love with her the minute they saw her picture and came to get her at 9:30 because they didn't want to wait until tomorrow.  I'm so happy, but teared up letting her go.  They live about 15 minutes away so we'll be able to see her.

Here's how the rest of Day 13 went:

B:  beef taco meet on jicama tortillas, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  jalapeno beef sausage with sauerkraut, red pepper slices, almond milk with chia seeds and cinnamon (I've never had this before and I like it).

D:  sauteed chicken with kalamata olives over broccoli and cauliflower. 

Fiber:  20

I feel the same way @MimiHi!  Btw, how are you feeling today?

I feel like Whole 30 is a good time to increase my mental care as well.  We concentrate so much on what we're putting in our bodies, it feels good to take a pause at the beginning of each day to put something positive and good in my head, too.  I hope it gives someone else a great start to the day, too.  

Your quotes make my day, Jager. I really need them right now, frankly. Life feels extra stressful around my little house lately, so I really look forward to seeing what you post each morning.

Thanks for asking...I'm feeling better, not great, but better. I'm not eating much, which is fine, and staying compliant, too. I still have the pain in my right side, so I'm going to get it looked at...I really think it's the almonds. Hoping it's that simple anyway!

I really hope you get answers Mimi.  Are you going to the doctor tomorrow?  Please keep me posted on what they say.

I've got you covered on the quotes and will have a fresh one for you tomorrow. :)

Hugs and sleep well.

Day 14 is won and done.

It's kind of amazing what I learn with each round of W30.  So far this round I've learned:

• that cauliflower mash is delicious and easy
  • that I definitely need to add more fiber to my diet
  • that I love roasted veggies
  • that arrowroot, tapioca and almond flour are versatile and add an amazing element to recipes
  • that meal planning combined with grocery shopping works well

Those are just some of the things off the top of my head and I'm sure more will follow.

Here's how the rest of the day went down:

B:  jalapeno beef sausage with sauerkraut, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  taco meat on jicama tortillas, green beans, black olives.

Snack:  celery sticks

D:  leftover turkey curry meatballs with roasted veggies and lemongrass cream sauce. 

Fiber:  24

11 hours ago, MimiHi said:

Is it easier the third time around? I'm finding this one round very very challenging. 

Yes and no. 

It's not the newness and excitement of the first round...wondering what's going to happen, what victories we'll have, what the scale will say on Day 31 (or if our obsession with numbers might be gone), if some of the crap we've been dealing with for years might finally be gone or better. 

It IS easier because the label reading is just a thing we do now, whipping up food is easier, saying "no" to things at restaurants or a friend's house feels better, explaining what and why we're doing this is waaaay less weird.  We know it works and that we feel better when we eat this way.

For me, the biggest thing is to not be complacent.  Not justifying just a bite or who cares what's in the dressing when eating out.  I have to be all in and say "I'm doing this."  For me, doing it halfway doesn't work.  If I say xx number of days, I need to be prepared even more mentally than physically (hence the daily quotes and mantras).  I've had the "aw geez, here we go again" moments of being less than enthused about starting again.  That's when I have to dig deep and think about my "why."  Once I've spent a couple of days on that, writing it down, thinking more....only then am I ready to start again.  

Day 15 is won and done.

Today was a busy day helping Stephen get ahead on work before the freezing rain hits.  I've gotten quicker at packing my lunch and a snack for being on the road with him.  

I also picked up some cacao powder and ordered collagen peptides.  I can take or leave chocolate, but after reading the benefits, thought I'd add them to my coffee.

Here's how the day went down:

B:  jalapeno beef sausage with sauerkraut, coffee with coconut oil.

L:  chicken and spinach sausage, green beans, a cucumber, black olives.

D:  beef taco meat on jicama tortillas with guac.

Fiber:  23 

Archived