Starting Jan 1 but confused!

jenwill

My husband and I just agreed to try the Whole30 program starting January 1st - I'm looking forward to it, I think he just wants a happy wife so is willing to go with whatever I do. ;)

Anyway, we've been reviewing the website and needed clarification: which is the best resource for this program - the 'It Starts With Food' book or the Whole30 Success Guide? We're the kind of people who need help with recipes and meal planning so for those who have experience, which one would you recommend?

Thanks and looking forward to a healthier outlook in January!

The website is a great resource, but I totally recommend the book. It has tons of information in an easy to read format. It lays it out for you in a way that makes sense. I have two copies of it because people keep asking to borrow it!

Perfect because I just ordered it through Amazon. :) Looking forward to reading it, only wished it'd come before January 1st!

All three sources are useful - the Success Guide, the book and the daily emails. The book is probably my favourite - so much information which really resonated. Even the section of why we still eat the sugar etc when we know it is bad for us is interesting and really resonates. I agree with Kirsteen that the emails are useful as well.

Agree- the book is an excellent resource, and the website, and these forums, and the net in general (wear your sceptic glasses though when you're out there!).

Also, splash out and get Well Fed too. Recipes are amazing and all endorsed by D&M. And, there's a useful planning section at the beginning that shows how to get ready for the week.

Good luck!

Welcome. I finished a w45 in Nivember and will begin a w100 (!!!) January 1. I also bought The book, subscribed to the daily email and read this forum Every Day. Well Fed is a great source of recipes. If you are on Pinterest you can follow Whole 30 approved boards ( my Pinterest name is Michelle Lobovits). Also the following blogs are great resources: Nom Nom Paleo, PaleoOMG, I breathe I'm hungry, all day I dream about food, and meatified -- but watch the ingredients-- these sites are Paleo but not necessarily W30 approved. The best Whole 30 approved sites are Chowstalker and Foodee.com. If you go to to these places you will have more recipes than you could ever make!!

Other random advice: Buy a slow cooker if you don't have one. Stock up on Thai kitchen or Whole foods organic full fat coconut milk. If you can, treat yourself to Artisana coconut butter ( on Amazon). Roast a lot of vegetables to have during the week I also roast a couple of sweet potatoes and butternut squash and spaghetti squash every Sunday to add to recioes during the week.

Wishing you both a healthy and happy new year.

Archived