Hungry

chawk

2nd round over here, but it's been 2 years. 

So I'm not really missing any foods at the moment but the problem is that I am soooo hungry! Here is what my day looked like:

breakfast (5:45 AM)- egg/potato/spinach bake and banana+ almond butter

lunch (10:45)- leftover turkey shepherd's pie (tons of veggies)

snack (1:00)- unsweetened applesauce and cashew larabar (applesauce was only because my  students were having it for snack). I don't typically eat larabars, but I picked one up on a whim at TJs. 

Snack 5:00- almond butter, slice of prosciutto 

Dinner 6:00- egg roll in a bowl (cabbage, carrots, red pepper, shredded chicken) 

I felt full initially, then went back for seconds 30 minutes later. Now, another hour later I fell like I am starving! This has been a recurring theme. 

Any chance measuring my food could help? I'm not big on it usually, but I feel like I didn't have this problem in my first round. In case it is relevant, I do still breastfeed my 1 year old morning and night. Also, I'm a teacher and I can't change my schedule. TIA!

• Moderators

Eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping... did you eat 3-4 in that egg bake?  Was there also a plate full of veggies in it?

Your lunch has no fat and it doesn't indicate how much protein... was it 1-2 palms serving worth?

You have 8 hours between lunch and dinner so that along with breastfeeding calls for another meal... skip the snacks and eat protein and fat... egg salad, meatballs and guacamole...

Dinner has no fat and it's not clear how much chicken but overall I dont think you're eating enough.  I don't think weighing your food will be as beneficial as having another look at the template and making sure all 3-4 of your meals match.

Hi, I am jumping in this forum because I am feeling the same way. It is day 2 for me and I feel so hungry! I am usually full after eating each meal but then a hour or two later I’m really hungry! Here are my meals:

Day 1:

breakfast (6:30am): egg/ground turkey/sweet potato casserole with spinach, tomatoes and onions (each slice probably has about 2 eggs in it)— I usually feel good until around 11am after this meal then I’m starved! 

Lunch(12pm): salad with chicken, egg, avocado, lots of veggies, no dressing

pre-workout snack (4:30pm): banana, handful of cashews 

I workout 5:30-6:15, then eat dinner right after

dinner: white chicken chili

Day 2:

breakfast: egg casserole as above

lunch: salad with chicken, avocado, egg, veggies, primal kitchen ranch dressing

pre-workout: banana, cashews

dinner: Thai chicken (shredded chicken with green peppers and onions) with cauliflower rice

Help me!!

Hi ChellyBean,

I think the advice from above suits for your situation as well. You are most likely not eating enough, and could benefit from some additional fat, especially at breakfast and dinner. The avocado at lunch is great, but you may even need to up the amount of food at that meal too. At what time(s) of day are getting most hungry? I would start there to evaluate which meal(s) are most likely lacking. Your dinner of Thai chicken sounds delicious, but think about adding a sauce on top with fat in it, or a handful of olives on the side.

I would also point out that you are still at the beginning here, and it will take your body some time to readjust. After you make a few changes to your meals, give it a few days to see how you feel. I know for me, it takes my body 3-4 days to catch on to new habits.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, ChellyBean said:

Hi, I am jumping in this forum because I am feeling the same way. It is day 2 for me and I feel so hungry! I am usually full after eating each meal but then a hour or two later I’m really hungry! Here are my meals:

Day 1:

breakfast (6:30am): egg/ground turkey/sweet potato casserole with spinach, tomatoes and onions (each slice probably has about 2 eggs in it)— I usually feel good until around 11am after this meal then I’m starved! 

Lunch(12pm): salad with chicken, egg, avocado, lots of veggies, no dressing

pre-workout snack (4:30pm): banana, handful of cashews 

I workout 5:30-6:15, then eat dinner right after

dinner: white chicken chili

Day 2:

breakfast: egg casserole as above

lunch: salad with chicken, avocado, egg, veggies, primal kitchen ranch dressing

pre-workout: banana, cashews

dinner: Thai chicken (shredded chicken with green peppers and onions) with cauliflower rice

Help me!!

It's about perfect that you're hungry at 11 if you eat at 630am... we say 4-5 hours and you're dead in the middle... you could use fat in that meal tho which would probably mean you weren't STARVING when lunch rolled around.

Pre workout is recommended to be protein and fat as giving your body fruit is going to provide easily accessible energy where what you really want is your body to burn your own fat.

Chili is a great meal but it can be hard to portion... you still need added fat and a plate full of veggies while making sure you eat enough of the actual chili that it's 1-2 palms of protein.  Your second listed dinner has no fat.

Conclusion: go back and read the template again and make sure your meals are matching.

Thanks everyone! The egg bake has 2 eggs per slice and I forgot to mention it has chicken sausage. I'll remember the handful rule. Just seems like a lot of eggs! 

The shepherds pie had ground turkey- again, not sure how much...

I'll try the extra meal, and think about fat content of other meals. I'm usually so focused on protein and veggies. Thanks! 

Archived